2007 Honda Civic suspension problems

suspension problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2007 Honda Civic:

2007 Honda Civic Owner Comments (Page 1 of 6)

Oct 092016

Civic

My rear lower control arms need to be be replaced with the correct ones stamped "C". Honda dealers in southern California are refusing to correct the mistake at no cost to me. Please help!

- Los Angeles, CA, USA

Jun 162016

Civic

It's been going through tires quickly. Back wheels converted top side inward. Had to change wheel bering. Fixing to replace upper arm control arm. It has 65614 milage on it.

- Tulsa, OK, USA

Jun 102014

Civic

The contact owns a 2007 Honda Civic. While driving at any speed, the rear suspension caused the tire to exceedingly vibrate from the rear end. The failure recurred numerous times. The vehicle was not diagnosed or repaired. The manufacturer was not notified of the failure. The failure mileage was 68,000.

- Delaware, OH, USA

Nov 152009

Civic

The contact owns a 2007 Honda Civic. While driving at approximately 35 mph, there was an abnormal noise coming from the front of the vehicle. The vehicle was taken to the dealer where it was diagnosed that the front struts needed to be replaced. The vehicle was repaired twice, but the failure recurred. The contact was informed that the struts needed to be replaced a third time. The manufacturer was notified of the failure. The failure mileage was 75,000.

- Mount Pleasant, SC, USA

Jan 152015

Civic

This is related to suspension...three issue I have observed 1. the tires on my Civic 2007 have uneven wear...I changed my tires about 2 years ago and could see the uneven wear on the old tired..that time I ignored it assuming it to be an alignment issue...however the new tires are also wearing out unevenly and that after after proper alignment. The last time I got tires rotated the mechanic suggested there is likely some faulty suspension. Now I firmly believe it. 2. I hear a pop/cluncking sound when going over bumps. 3. I hear a click/pop sound coming from the front wheels when turning.

- Oviedo, FL, USA

Apr 222015

Civic 4-cyl

Went to my local Honda dealer because of heavy vibration while driving. Dealership informed me that I needed to replace my rear control upper arm because my tires were cupping badly. I have already replaced tires yearly because of uneven wear. I called corporate Honda, since I am out of warranty they will not reimburse with parts and labor despite 2013 settlement regarding this matter. It is a safety issue regarding tire suspension and Honda is turning a blind eye..

- Warrenton, VA, USA

May 312007

Civic 4-cyl

I purchased this 2007 Honda Civic coupe new in may of 2007. There was a class action suit and subsequent recall for the rear upper control arms that caused severe uneven tire wear and vibration. The problem I have is that the fix did not fix the problem and Honda will not stand behind making it right. The replacement arms do not provide sufficient latitude in the adjustment in camber. There are after market fixes for this. My concern is that the tire wear and subsequent handling while driving are a hazard on the road. This may also be cause for a new class action suit, as the original "fix" was not a fix.

- Hilbert, WI, USA

Sep 012011

Civic 4-cyl

Since I got my car with 62,000 miles every time I take it to get oil changes every 3 months the tell me the control arms are bad and causing uneven wear on the tire tread... I get new tires and it only last so long before the car starts to shake because of the uneven wear not even going at a high speed... it makes it harder to stop due to the shaking which scares me when I have to stop suddenly due to other drivers or something in the road..

- Eastham, MA, USA

Sep 302014

Civic

Excessive inner tire wear. Wheel is out of alignment, but not adjustable. Fix is to purchase adjustable arms, then align.

- Fleming Island, FL, USA

Aug 182014

Civic 4-cyl

Rear upper control arm kit needs to be replaced. Currently causes uneven, rapid tire wear. I bought the car new in 2007 from this dealership and have it serviced by this dealership since then. A service bulletin 08-001 was issued 1/22/08, but I was just told by the dealership on 8/18/14 about this. They refuse to cover the cost of repair.

- Wichita, KS, USA

Aug 142014

Civic 4-cyl

Original rear upper control arms (oem) need to be replaced due to known camber misalignment from factory. This well-known issue from Honda (on 2006 - 2009 Civics) causes uneven wear and shortens the lifetime of tires. The only option available to bring the alignment specs (camber) back into a safe range is to replace the upper control arms and tires.

- Knoxville, TN, USA

Aug 052014

Civic 4-cyl

Bad control arm causing premature.tire wear.

- Fredericksburg, VA, USA

Jul 142014

Civic

Tires have worn unevenly due to rear balance arm/ strut assembly issue which have caused the wheel assembly to canter and be toed in, which in turn has also damaged the suspension/springs. Car now leans to driver side in the rear. Car has had 4 sets of tires and has less than 90,000 miles. Due to uneven tire wear the car is extremely loud (ear damaging loud) and vibrates (shimmies) at speeds above 40mph. We were told by a Honda dealership that only an after market adjustable balance arm will correct the problem. American Honda refuses to take any accountability.

- Syracuse, UT, USA

Jun 022014

Civic 4-cyl

I am having premature tire wear due to a faulty rear control arm. Please help! my car hydroplanes and the vibration on the steering wheel is horrible on the highway.

- Miami, FL, USA

Jun 052014

Civic 4-cyl

I experienced asymmetrical cupping and rapid wear on my tires due to a defective rear upper control arm. This is a known problem for Honda (they issued a technical service bulletin in 2008 regarding the issue and there was a class action lawsuit in 2013). Since the deadline to file a claim with the class action suit has passed Honda will not pay for the repair of this defective part.

- Winston Salem, NC, USA

May 162014

Civic 4-cyl

While driving in a residential area at approx 20-25 mph, there was a loud bump as if a rock had hit the underside of the car; shortly the steering was off kilter -- to go straight had to keep the steering wheel turned 30 degrees right; loud rubbing sound; pulled into a driveway and then could not back up -- found that right front tire was bent in, so that top of tire abutted the wheel well. Car towed to dealer -- found strut bolts on right front tire were loose. Car had been serviced one week prior: Replaced failed starter and performed oil change and B service with inspection of brakes and tire rotation.

- Seattle, WA, USA

May 012013

Civic 4-cyl

I have had my vehicle for 2 years now. In that time I have put only 20000 miles on the vehicle. I have had to replace my tires twice already on the vehicle due to uneven wear on the tires. The camber of the tires is affected by the rear control arms. This also caused the rear suspension to wear, which I have already had to replace on the vehicle. When breaking my steering wheel shakes affecting my steering. This is caused by the uneven inner tire wear on this vehicle. I am concerned for the safety on this vehicle and I believe other similar vehicles might have the same issue. It is also become a quite expensive problem for me to have to deal with on this vehicle. To whom it may concern, thank you!

- Rancho Cucamonga, CA, USA

Apr 092014

Civic 4-cyl

I just had to replace the tires for the second time on this car. The car is expiring uneven tire wear. This does effect braking of the car as well. Honda has admitted that the rear control arm is to short effecting suspension and tire wear. This is dangerous because the visible part of my tire looked fine, plenty of tread and about 38000 on a 90000 mile tire. The inside of the tire was so worn it actually had a hole worn in it. This wear issue could cause a tire to fail while traveling at a high rate of speed. Please help the owners of these vehicles get a recall from Honda before someone is hurt.

- Elkhart, IN, USA

Aug 132013

Civic 4-cyl

The contact owns a 2007 Honda Civic. The contact stated that the control arms causing the inner tires to prematurely wear. The vehicle was taken to a dealer, who diagnosed that the control arms needed to be replaced. The vehicle was repaired. The manufacturer was made aware of the problem. The approximate failure mileage was 75,000.

- Gresham, OR, USA

Oct 022013

Civic 4-cyl

Was advised of uneven tire wear (cupping) and brought car to tire store for alignment and possibly new tires. Tire store (also repair shop) was unable to perform alignment because of problem with bent camber arms. I paid approx $700 to replace. (note: I own another 2007 Civic which had same problem and paid for same replacement/repair). Repair shop said that this has been a problem with Honda. Though I my repair shops conscientously check tech bulletins, Honda did nothing to make me or the repair shops aware of this problem., I have seen other postings with similar suspension problems and believe that Honda needs to step up and own it.

- Lompoc, CA, USA