3.8

2007 Honda Civic windows / windshield problems

windows / windshield problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2007 Honda Civic:

2007 Honda Civic Owner Comments (Page 3 of 9)

Feb 012011

Civic 4-cyl

Driver side sun visor falls down into the line of vision on our 2007 Honda Civic LX sedan. It appears the visor has become warped and will not stay seated and often falls down into your line of sight out of the front windshield. Only recourse is to swing it over towards the door but this is a safety issue and could cause a serious accident as your vision is blocked until the sun visor can be re-located.

- Tampa, FL, USA

Aug 242010

Civic

2007 Honda Civic sun visor falls apart in sun.

- Central Islip, NY, USA

Sep 012010

Civic 4-cyl

2007 Honda Civic ex 4 door (120,000 miles), drivers side sun visor split open at the seam and now hangs down and blocks forward and side line of sight. I believe this to be a safety issue. Called american Honda and they will not replace or warranty the defective part.

- Klamath Falls, OR, USA

Dec 022010

Civic

The contact owns a 2007 Honda Civic. The contact stated that while driving the sun visor broke, which made it difficult to see during the day and in inclement weather. The manufacturer stated that the warranty expired and the failure should be diagnosed by the dealer. The contact had not taken the vehicle to the dealer. The failure mileage was 26,000.

- Middle Village, NY, USA

May 012009

Civic 4-cyl

I own two 2007 Honda Civic LX coupe & sedan with15,000 miles and coupe with 30,000 miles. Both cars have the same sun visor problem. It breaks and will not stay in up postion. The visor could suddenly fall in front of the driver and cause an accident.

- The Colony, TX, USA

Jun 012010

Civic 4-cyl

Sun visor broke. I put my sun visor down to block the sun coming in my eyes, and when I went to lift it back up, it 'snapped' and won't go back up to the locked up right position. I took it to Honda while I had my oil change to have them look at it, and they said it would be 100 dollars plus labor to change it. I refused to pay for it, and have since looked and seen many other complaints of the same type. Maybe this should be recalled!

- Cranston, RI, USA

Aug 012010

Civic

The driver's side visor is defective. It appears as though the seal on the hinge for the visor has come undone (not due to any excess force, simply due to general everyday use). The defective hinge on the visor leads to the inability to properly position the visor, when in use, or not in use. When in use, this creates a safety hazard due to obstructing the driver's vision by the visor itself due to inability to properly position the visor (it does not stay in place), or affecting the driver's vision due to not being able to properly shield glare and sun due to the inability to properly position the visor while driving. When not in use, the visor may not stay in place, therefore "flopping" in front of the driver's line of vision. This is a safety concern that, when researched on the internet, is large problem with Honda Civic owners like myself. This has not yet caused me to have an accident, but I'm trying to be proactive in preventing such an incident. I have tried multiple times to speak with my Honda service people, and I've been told this is not covered under warranty. However, the service people have told me they see this complaint "all the time." This is a safety defect that needs to be addressed and properly handled. Thank you for looking into this matter.

- Glenview, IL, USA

Dec 292010

Civic

The driver side visor fell on my lap and Honda replaced it because it was still on warranty.. but now the passenger visor is hanging down but Honda wont replace because its out of warranty. The front brakes does wear out around 12K miles after replacing it with the dealer for the 3rd time (Honda dont want to admit that they use poor quality pads so you'll keep coming back to them for replacement, they say its the way you drive but I did point out to them that if I drive like a maniac I would have also need to replace my tires which lasted me more than 50K miles) I decided go get an aftermarket ceramic pads and had it installed from pepboys. Its been more than 30K miles and brakes are still fine. The wiper blade on driver side does become sticky on the windshield which leaves unpleasant streak on my windshield.. even after getting a new wiper it still have the same problem.. I solve this problem by replacing my driver wiper with a shorter one(original is 26" now I have 24").

- Aliso Viejo, CA, USA

Jul 272009

Civic 4-cyl

I purchased a new Honda Civic sedan in 2007. At around 40,000 miles, the driver's side visor has split apart and will not stay up. It flops down making it difficult for me to see the roads. I have not taken the visor to get repaired, but my research shows that this has happened to several other owners of the same type of vehicle.

- Franklin Park, NJ, USA

Feb 012010

Civic 4-cyl

2007 Honda Civic sun visors split open and will not stay up. The visor then dangles down in the driver's face and partially obstructs vision. From online complaint forums, appears to happen in 2006 and 2008S too. Although there may be a tech bulletin, the dealer would not replace, and the problems appears to happen on replacements as well.

- Oberlin , OH, USA

Nov 062010

- Canoga Park, CA, USA

Aug 302008

Sep 162008

Jun 142008

Nov 062010

Civic 4-cyl

The sun visors on the 2007 Honda Civic LX are defective. Once the hinge breaks, the visor will no longer stay up and it hangs straight down blocking more than one third of the windshield visibility. Because my vision is dangerously obstructed I often have to move the visor so that it is against the driver-side window. With the visor in this position, nearly half of the side window visibility is obstructed causing yet a different but equally dangerous hazard. Furthermore, when my visor is against the driver-side window and I have to turn, the visor often hits me in the head. In order to prevent being hit in the head I have to hold the visor in place while turning. Your defect is not only a cosmetic nuisance it is also very dangerous. As outlined below you can see that I have had to replace my visors an unreasonably excessive number of times. Part date mileage driver visor07/19/073,179 driver visor06/14/0814,071 passenger visor08/30/0816,519 driver visor09/16/0817,135 driver visor11/06/1039,479 passenger visor11/06/1039,479 I will gladly produce supporting documentation upon request.

Mar 012009

Civic 4-cyl

The driver's side sun visor in my 2007 Honda Civic has split at the seam twice, and I have had it replaced by my local Honda dealer both times. It starts to split slowly, but with each use gets gradually worse until it just hangs limply, obstructing my view of the road. The 2nd time it was replaced, Honda said I was out of warranty and would not fully pay for the replacement part (this was in the span of approx. 1 year). When the visor was broken, I had several near-wrecks due to the visor being directly in my view of the road. It is dangerous because as a driver, you either have to accept that the sun will be in your eyes and will block your view or the visor will be in your way and obstruct your view. This is an every-day occurrence, as a visor is used almost daily. The second time I had it replaced, I took a binder clip (found at any office supply store) and clipped it over the seam to keep it held together. I have not had the problem of the seam splitting since I have put the clip there, but this should not be happening, and I should not have to hold my 2007 vehicle together with a paper clip.

- Little River, SC, USA

Oct 142008

Civic

The contact owns a 2007 Honda Civic. The contact stated that the front sun visor flipped down while she was driving. The vehicle was taken to an authorized dealer twice where it was repaired. The failure continued but the vehicle had not been repaired again. The failure mileage was approximately 15,000 and the current mileage was approximately 55,000.

- St Petersburg, FL, USA

Sep 202010

Civic

The driver side sun visor on my 2007 Honda Civic is defective. The plastic pieces that attach it to the mounting has melted due to the heat inside of the car and causes the visor to not be able to be put back into the upright position. Before it totally broke, it would fall down into my line of vision while driving, since it was not able to be folded back up properly due to the damaged parts. It now hangs partially in my line of vision since it no longer can be folded up properly. I have read countless similar complaints of this happening on other Honda Civics and it's a shame that Honda doesn't consider this a "safety hazard"!

- Bridgeville, PA, USA

Oct 052010

Civic

I purchased my 2007 Honda Civic new in December 2006. Since that time my driver's side overhead visor has broken and failed twice! once in June 2009 and again October 2010. This is unsafe for normal driving because the visor will not remain out of my field of vision when I drive. There is no way to adequately secure the visor out of the field of sight without totally replacing the part. The first time it was repaired by Honda for free because it was covered by warranty. Now my vehicle is out of warranty and the dealer wants to charge me nearly $100 to repair the visor. This happened under normal driving conditions and during normal use of the vehicle. I have never had a problem of this type with any other vehicle before! this is an obvious quality control manufacturing defect that continues to recur and Honda should take responsibility for the repair and replacement of the defective article on behalf of the consumer/customer. I believe this problem warrants investigation and follow up before a serious accident happens due to someone not effecting the repair in a reasonable amount of time due to the prohibitive cost placed on the shoulders of the consumer.

- Viera, FL, USA

Mar 012007

Civic

1. 2007 Honda Civic visor split within a month of purchase. It was still functional despite the split, until approximately 9/27/10, when it stopped locking in place and started interfering with visibility. Just learned that many Civic owners complain of the same problem. 2. at approximately 26,000 miles, windshield spontaneously cracked while parked overnight, yet there was no impact. Crack formed overnight on 9/30/10-10/1/10. Windshield was smooth to the touch from both the outside and inside all along the length and breadth of the crack.

- Los Angeles, CA, USA