2007 Honda Civic windows / windshield problems

windows / windshield problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2007 Honda Civic:

2007 Honda Civic Owner Comments (Page 4 of 9)

Sep 012010

Sun visors crack and break so that they are no longer secure and hang down obstructing the driver's vision. My driver side visor broke approximately 1 year ago and was replaced under warranty (with the same defectively designed visor). It has now broken again (out of warranty).

- Covina, CA, USA

Jun 022010

I have owned a Honda Civic for at least 2 year maybe mores. Its a 2007 model. I had been living in Chicago (had moved there) since the end of 2008 (December to be exact-making it almost the beginning of January 2009. I lived there till April 2010. We then moved back to Texas. I had not had a problem with the visor until a month and a half later before my girlfriends and I left for a trip to dallas. The visor refused to stay up. I have not however had the money to buy a new one until L now. Still I find this very risky and very much of a safety issue.

- Spring, TX, USA

Sep 212010

The sun visors (both drivers and passenger ) split at the top seams where they are glued together, making it impossible for visors to stay up; thus obscuring the vision of both the driver and passenger. This is the second time the passenger sun visor has been replaced for the same defect which is a manufacturing, design, and engineering defect. I was advised by several Honda employees that numerous sun visors are replaced on a weekly basis for the identical defect, just at one dealership. This is not a dealership issue but a Honda issue. It is to be noted that the sun visors were in no way abused or even used that much but the seams just split. I have been in law enforcement for over thirty years and can assure you that this defect not only affects the individuals in the Honda with the defective sun visors but other drivers and pedestrians as well, resulting from the obscured vision, I was advised that Honda is aware of the defect but continues to use the same sun visors in new vehicles and that they continue to fail by splitting at the seams there was no resulting accident, I was advised that the sun visors would have to be returned to Honda but I did photograph them and the photos are available. It is to be noted that the service department at the dealership was excellent and that Honda did replace them at a reduced cost even though the vehicle had approximately 51,000 miles on it and was out of warranty.

- Alpharetta, GA, USA

Jul 242010

The sunvisor in my 2007 Honda Civic split at the seams and will no longer stay up. It hangs down into my field of vision. I have talked to several other Honda owners and the same thing has happened to them- and with replacement parts that they have purchased. Apparently the Honda sunvisors break in high heat. Mine exploded on July 24- when the heat was in the 100S.

- Chesapeake Beach, MD, USA

Jul 152010

The driver's side sun visor of my 2007 Honda Civic has suddenly split and will not stay up. It hangs down obstructing my view of the road-a safety hazard. It doesn't stay all the way up or down. It has split at the plastic seam & the spring mechanism seems to be broken. This sun visor was replaced by the dealer when I bought the car new, as the color was tan and my car is grey. My car is no longer under warranty & I am taking it to the dealer for a replacement. This seems to be a problem related to heat in the cabin. I live in the South but leave my front windows open 2 inches as I have side visors & do not park in a garage.

- Columbus, GA, USA

Sep 162010

2007 Honda Civic drivers side sun visor cracked/popped apart causing an inability to push it up all the way, obscured view while driving; car is only 3 years old with ~29,000 miles on it; found it this way after it had been parked at the airport for 2.5 days; called Honda America and was given a case number and then told I had 5 days to go to a Honda dealer to "diagnose" the problem and a case manager would call me but there was no guarantee they would do anything about this....there are many complaints about this online and it's a safety hazard and there should be a recall.

- Reading, MA, USA

May 152009

2007 Honda Civic. Sunvisors split open and hang down in front of the windshield causing the driver to have full view of the road.

- Orlando, FL, USA

Sep 022010

Out of the blue my driver's side visor cracked and I am unable to keep it in the "up" position. It continues to fall down in my field of vision and it is very distracting while I drive.

- Wilmington, De, DE, USA

Aug 012010

The sunvisor on my 07 Honda Civic cracked and hangs down, obstructing my view (especially of signal lights). This occurred on it's own. I don't pull it down often, so it's received no sort of abuses nor anything that could have possibly caused a break. I researched the part to find a cheap replacement when I discovered that I am among a multitude of people who have experienced the exact same thing! the worst part is that if one does pay for the replacement, then he/she can be nearly certain that it will crack as well.

- Arcadia, OK, USA

Aug 312010

2007 Honda Civic ex 4 door - failure of passenger side sun visor causing impairment to visibility through windshield. Possible impending failure of driver side sun visor with resulting inability to safely control moving vehicle. Ref:

- Dallas, TX, USA

Aug 012010

Sunvisor of 2007 Honda Civic cracked; visor hangs down, impairing vision.

- Oberlin, OH, USA

Aug 282010

The driver's side sun visor on my 2007 Honda Civic ex melted on the inside and now will not remain in the up position, making it very difficult to see.

- White Plains, NY, USA

Jul 182010

The sun visors on both the driver and passenger side failed. The poor design of the visors is the reason for the failure. The amount of force required to move the sun visor up or down eventually "unwelds" the plastic front from the plastic back. The result is the visor is stuck in the down position resulting in a safety issue.

- Summerfield, NC, USA

Aug 272010

Driver side factory installed (original equipment) visor of 2007 Honda Civic ex split apart and no longer remains in the fixed upright (flush with ceiling) position, but rather hangs down in views way. This issue occured spontaneously and without force or misuse of feature. This failure is permanent. Item will have to be replaced. Research easily found many similar experiences from other Honda Civic owners for this same defect. Honda is not claiming responsibility and not correcting the defect without charge. This is indeed a safety hazard.

- Baltimore, MD, USA

Jun 052010

The sun visor in my Honda keeps falling apart and sometimes it falls right in front of my face which is a safety issue. I see online this is happening to a lot of Honda owners. Can you do anything about it? this is the second visor that went bad. It is very distracting when you are driving.

- Spring Hill, FL, USA

Jul 152010

The Honda 07 Civic sun visors are defective and must be recalled! the heat causes the visors to crack and become suspended in the down position. After it cracks it will not lock in the up position. The Honda dealership admits this is a common problem and I must pay to have it fixed now that my warranty has expired! this will be the second time I've replaced both visors.

- Cape Coral, FL, USA

Aug 282010

The visor on my 2007 Honda Civic broke and is now hanging down in my line of sight. This is extremely dangerous. I've done some research and found forums where many people are having the same issue. There should really be a recall because this issue can cause major accidents!

- Mount Kisco, NY, USA

Aug 242010

Sun visor on 2007 Honda Civic fails again in the heat. Have purchased replacement visor just to have them fail again in a few months. When they fail at the hinges, it causes the visor to hang down in the line of site, if you remove it, then you don't have any protect from the sun shining in your eyes. Honda is very aware of this as there are 1,000's of posting and the dealers all acknowledge that it is an issue. Honda needs to come up with a recall and a visor design that works verses just doing is a huge safety issue!!

- Highland Village, TX, USA

Aug 012010

At issue is driver's side sun visor for 2007 Honda, per service department at dealership, there is a defect in manufacturing that lead to a separation of the visor on the seam so that the visor does not go up and stay up causing issues with visibility. While driving, seam separated further while trying to hold up the visor to see a road sign which led to the visor hanging down in the middle of the windshield while driving on an expressway. I was able to pull it off of the hinge and toss it on the seat averting an accident. Per service desk personnel, no improvement in the part has been made by Honda to date. As per review of blogs on the internet, some owners have replaced the visors multiple times.

- Cedarburg, WI, USA

Apr 052009

2007 Honda Civic ex, driver and passenger sun visor breaks and flops/hangs down obstructing vision. Occurred on drivers side first - replaced under warranty, passenger side occurred a year later but not replaced because not under warranty anymore.

- League City, TX, USA