2007 Honda Civic windows / windshield problems

windows / windshield problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2007 Honda Civic:

2007 Honda Civic Owner Comments (Page 7 of 9)

May 132010

The contact owns a 2007 Honda Civic. While driving 60 mph, the contact noticed that the driver side sun visor suddenly broke and had obstructed his view. The vehicle had not been inspected or repaired when the complaint was filed. The current and failure mileages were approximately 49,000.

- Richland, MS, USA

May 172010

I own a 2007 Honda Civic with 40,000 miles on it. The sunvisors on this vehicle are complete junk. I already had the oem sunvisors replaced, and now the replacements have broken in exactly the same way. The Honda dealer attempted to tell me that it was my fault the visors had broken, when it is extremely obvious that in fact they melt every time the temperature goes over 90 in my area. I have found numerous complaints of this exact same issue online and would like to let you know that it is not just a problem in the southwest. Having a sunvisor flop into your eyes/line of vision or not being able to properly block sun from your vision are both safety issues. It is completely irresponsible of Honda not to replace something as inexpensive as a sunvisor at their own expense.

- Richmond, VA, USA

May 032010

I purchased a 2007 Honda Civic in late May 2007. In Sept 2008, the sun visor on the driver's side broke. When I contacted Honda they stated that this problem always occurs in warm climates. The sun visor will malfunction in warm climates and it is clear that this is a problem on a large scale that should be corrected by Honda. I contacted Honda and they said until the NHTSA officially recalls the visors, they are under no obligation to do so. Early this month in may, the passenger sun visor broke inthe same manner. Honda is currently stating that they cannot cover this under warranty because the car has exceed its mileage limit of 36,000 miles. However, this equipment failure is not related to mileage but in fact they have acknowledged that the part in the sun visor will break in all warm climates.

- Diamond Bar, CA, USA

May 022010

Passenger side visor failed. The visor cracks and is no longer connected to the rod. This is the second time it has happened. The failure is due to heat from the sun.

- Irvine, CA, USA

Apr 202010

Driving along at 65 mph on the freeway and the driver's side sun visor split open at the "glued" seam and it fell down in my lap, nearly causing me to have a serious accident as it obscured my vision and certainly startled me. There are hundreds if not thousands of complaints about the sun visors on Civic's model years 2006-08 all over the internet.

- Cumming, GA, USA

Nov 012009

Driver's side visor cracked and fell apart. Visor will not fall suddenly and obstruct my view.

- Buena Park , CA, USA

Jan 132010

While trying to put my sun visor down I heard something crack, and after that the visor will not stay closed any more. It also happened on the passenger side 2 weeks ago.

- Los Angeles, CA, USA

Apr 022010

While driving my 2007 Honda Civic coupe at approximately 70 mph on highway 67 South near newport, ar, my rear window flew off the car. Luckily, there were no cars behind me at the time. After some quick research, there were a number of complaints regarding this happening on the 2006 Honda Civic coupe. It appears that there is little to no adhesive where the rear window used to be. I talked to Honda and they said that they would not cover the cost to replace the window because my car has 43K miles on it.

- Columbia, MO, USA

Mar 242010

The contact owns a 2007 Honda Civic. The contact stated that the drivers side sun visors fractured and would not stay in the upright position, causing obstruction to the drivers view of the road. The sun visor was repaired by the dealer. The contact stated that the manufacturer should issue a recall due to the amount of sun visor complaints regarding the failure. The failure mileage was 54,000.

- Lakeland, FL, USA

Feb 162010

I have purchased the brand new March 2007 Honda Civic on May 2007. The driver's side sun visor is broken and does not remain in up position nor remain on the side. This is a driving hazard as it blocks and obstructs the driver's view, and will hit the driver with vehicle movement. It causes a huge issue with visibility on the road. Not so much during the day but very much at night to the point where it is extremely annoying to drive with it at night. It is under warranty for three years but car driven more then 30,000 miles. When I go to schaumburg Honda they said it is never covered under warranty because it is wear & tear. I also have bumper to bumper warranty even though they did not care to verify warranty and quoted me parts $65 and installation charge $36. This is given in writing by dealer on 02/16/2010.

- Desplaines, IL, USA

Jul 012009

I own a Honda Civic 4 dr auto transmission, and have issues with poor quality sun visors. The sun visors break apart every summer I have owned vehicle for three years and changed the sun visor atleast thrice till now for no cost. But now I being charged since warranty is over. Why do I have to pay for known quality issue?

- Plano, TX, USA

Jan 022010

Windshield wiper does not park itself in the right position when turning off. While driving, sometimes the windshield wiper will stop in the middle of the windshield thus blocking portions of my view. This occurs on several occasions when the outside temperature is below 40 degrees F and raining/snowing. When the wiper fail to park itself in the correct position, it blocks driver's view and could cause an accident. Issue occurred a few times on highway travel and partially block my view of a lane barrier. Brought to dealership and dealership could not reproduce problem.

- Cambridge, MA, USA

Sep 112006

My wife's hybrid Honda Civic (2007) while driving, if you open the two back windows, you get this loud whipping of wind sound thru out the car, its an aerodynamics flaw I believe. In any case its annoying to the point where you must roll the windows back up.

- Fairfield, CA, USA

Sep 152009

When the windshield wipers are turned off, they intermittently do not stop (park) at the correct location at the bottom of the windshield or they continue to run.

- Chester Heights, PA, USA

Oct 102009

Sun visor attachment fails (the visor splits apart) and falls into line of sight. The visor will not stay up. Replacement visors do the same thing. I have had the visor replaced 3 times.

- Tucson, AZ, USA

Aug 222009

I took my Honda Civic LX to get water leaks around the windshield repaired. The mechanic told me I'd be called back to get the entire windshield replaced, however, despite continuous follow up with the dealerships service department they have not done anything to repair my windshield. The latest news I received with run-around calls is that the dealer has to make an appointment with another vendor. I am very worried for my safety. I drive on the highway on a daily basis. Can you help me get this resolved? I've been dealing with pompano beach Honda, 5381 North federal highway, pompano beach, fl 33064.

- Boca Raton, FL, USA

Feb 052009

Driver and passenger side sun visor on our 2007 Honda sedan exploded and flopped down in our face, which creates a hazard when driving.

- Apple Valley , CA, USA

Sep 292009

2007 Honda Civic, both sun visors have had to be replaced. I have purchased the care brand new March 2007 - and this will be the 4th time getting these replaced, I have called Honda's 800 number twice and they just keep telling me I am under warranty. Well, what happens if the thing breaks again while I am driving and get into an accident? this is an issue and I have to drive 60 miles round trip every time I need these replaced. I think Honda should look into these visors - this is a safety issue - I live in fl and use my visors everyday. I should not have to have them replaced 4 times within 2 years!

- Clermont, FL, USA

Sep 142009

I own a 2007 Honda Civic, I have replaced 2 sun visors so far and today the driver side broke and the passengers is about to fail due to the noise it makes, I saw the very problems on U-tubes, that is my problem. I have to remove it because it keeps falling down blocking my view but have no protection from sun glare which could cause an accident which almost happened last year when it failed, I am out of warranty and it is ridiculous I have to replace the sun-visor every year.

- Santa Clarita, CA, USA

Jul 152009

2007 Honda Civic ex sun visor broken where it attaches to the ceiling of the car. My car is still under warranty and I have had both sun visors replaced a total of 4 times. After it breaks, I have had to have it replaced immediately because it causes a huge issue with visibility on the road. Not so much during the day but very much at night to the point where it is extremely annoying to drive with it at night.

- Phoenix, AZ, USA