7.4

2008 Honda Civic AC / heater problems

AC / heater problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2008 Honda Civic:

2008 Honda Civic Owner Comments

Jul 012009

Civic

The air quit working on my 2008 Honda Civic-took it to the dealer and they said it was the condenser and was not covered on my extended warranty. They said it was a "small pebble" that caused it and that to fix it would cost over $600. I went online and saw that tons of people w/Honda are having the same problem. It is a known problem-Honda admits it. People have found a grill screen to keep it from happening again-which Honda should supply and attach along with fixing my air conditioning.

- Lucinda, PA, USA

Jan 152009

Civic

I bought a brand new 2008 Honda Civic hybrid in August 2008. In Jan-Feb 2009, my A/C stopped working. I took it in to the dealer since it was under warranty. They told me that there was a hole in the condenser that was probably caused by road debris/ rock. I do not recall running into any road debris. They also said that they would not cover it under warranty and that it would be around $900 to fix. My A/C has not been fixed yet since I'm wanting to see if anything can be done.

- Hewitt, TX, USA

Nov 212008

Civic

2008 Honda Civic has a design flaw with the air condenser. The consumer had a protective mesh screen installed behind the grille to keep the condenser from being damaged by road debris.

- San Jose, CA, USA

Apr 042008

Civic 4-cyl

My 2007 Honda Civic hybrid has a damaged A/C condenser. According to the dealership a pebble punctured the condenser while driving, so all the freon leaked out and my ac doesn't work. The cost to repair it is $582. I went online and "goggled" this problem and found it has happened to many Honda cars and has to do with the placement of the condenser and the fact that Honda does nothing to protect or shield it from damage. I want my $582 back!

- Chattanooga, TN, USA