5.1

2008 Honda Civic accessories - interior problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2008 Honda Civic:

2008 Honda Civic Owner Comments

Apr 012009

Civic 4-cyl

A/C blower air conditioning blower failure at 8 months of new ownership. Low to very little air blowing and works half the time. Replaced by Honda dealer under warranty.

- Monrovia, CA, USA

Jan 012009

Civic

Sun visors driver side visor detachment at 4 months of new ownership. Replaced by Honda dealer under warranty.

- Monrovia, CA, USA

Jun 222010

Civic

Cabin blower motor fan makes excessive noise, sounds like bearings defective all speed settings.

- Billerica, MA, USA

Oct 052010

Civic 4-cyl

Driver side visor failed while commuting to work on 2008 Honda Civic coupe ex, thereby obstructing my view of the road until I was able to get to a Honda dealership. The driver side visor failed due to the visor coming apart at the hing point. Three months later, the passenger side visor failed in the same way as the driver side visor, thus obstructing my view while driving until I made it to a Honda dealership.

- Folsom, CA, USA

Jul 152008

Civic

Apparently a rock hit my A/C condenser after owning my 2008 Honda Civic hybrid for less than two months. It created a hole in the condenser and now the A/C doesn't work. Honda wants ~$600 to fix and they refuse to cover this under warranty. This is despite the extremely new nature of the car and how incredibly easy it was to locate many Honda owners with the exact same problem.

- Union, IL, USA

Apr 042008

Civic 4-cyl

My 2007 Honda Civic hybrid has a damaged A/C condenser. According to the dealership a pebble punctured the condenser while driving, so all the freon leaked out and my ac doesn't work. The cost to repair it is $582. I went online and "goggled" this problem and found it has happened to many Honda cars and has to do with the placement of the condenser and the fact that Honda does nothing to protect or shield it from damage. I want my $582 back!

- Chattanooga, TN, USA