2008 Honda Civic accessories - interior problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2008 Honda Civic:

2008 Honda Civic Owner Comments

Oct 052016

Civic

The headrests are designed too far forward, causing neck, back and shoulder strain to anyone sitting in the front seats for extended periods.

- Overland Park, KS, USA

Apr 302010

Civic

I am complaining about the design of Honda Civic seats which cause me severe neck pain and headaches. I've researched online and seems this is a common health problem among many Honda owners. Apparently Honda is aware of the neck and back pain they have caused, but I've not been able to find any solutions, other than to sell the car and take a $2000 to $4000 loss. Honda needs to be held responsible and step up and fix their problem, as Toyota was made to do and as any other first class company would do!! these seats can cause serious back and neck trauma. Unbelievably shameful for a company such as Honda.

- Mendon, OH, USA

Sep 012008

Civic

I have owned a brand-new '08 Honda Civic LX four-door sedan, mt for approximately 4-5 weeks. I drive my car 5 days a week, roundtrip each day 140 miles. About 3 weeks in, I suffered excruciating neck/shoulders/back pain. I adjusted the seat all kinds of different ways and moved the headrest up and down, to no avail. Finally, I ripped the headrest completely out and then I drove pain free for about a week. Now, the pain is back, even though the headrest is still facing backward. I have contacted my dealership but haven't heard back yet about a solution. I'm still in severe neck pain, and I currently have no whiplash protection, should I crash, because the head rest is tilted too far back. The forward-jutting headrests are supposed to be a whiplash safety feature, but what good is it if I remove it because I can't tolerate the pain I'm in every day? there is a ton of internet chatter out there about this problem. Thank you.

- Middletown, RI, USA