2008 Honda Civic brakes problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2008 Honda Civic:

2008 Honda Civic Owner Comments

Mar 282008

Civic 4-cyl

My 2007 Honda Civic ran over a piece of tire from a truck. It passed under the car and bent the rear most bracket holding the handbrake cable. It applied the rear brakes causing the vehicle to become difficult to control. The rear brakes overheated and the rear brakes required a major service to restore it to roadworthiness. We contacted Honda, they opened a case number but refused to accept there was a design problem and left the resolution to me. I believe this could lead to a nasty accident if the rear wheel brakes locked up and I think the design change required would be simple. If the rear bracket was moved up 1 to 2" I think the problem would be solved. I suggested this the Honda but my suggestion was ignored citing they didn't see this problem show up elsewhere.

- Saratoga, CA, USA