9.0

2008 Honda Civic engine problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2008 Honda Civic:

2008 Honda Civic Owner Comments

Mar 012012

Civic LX 1.8L

Engine light has come on since I purchase car in 2007, have brought to Honda twice.

They state I dont put gas cap on correctly, told them they are full of bull.

Told them I report it because when something does go wrong with engine Honda is fixing

for free.

- , Quinlan, TX, USA

Nov 162010

Civic

2008 honda civic second post transmission problem. 2nd post. car began riding rough, hit gas and jumped and lurched a few feet. i would have hit someone if they were in front of me. put it in park - on dash board - red light on P lite and green lite on D flashing and engine light came on. turned off car - took it to dealer. Under warranty - they flushed transmission fluid, light still on. checked 4 solenoids on transmission - light still on. After whining about waiting 3.5 hours - they paid for a rental for me. dealer called me and said light went out. all set to pick up. will pick up tomorrow and see.

- , Haverhill, MA, USA