2008 Honda Civic miscellaneous problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2008 Honda Civic:

2008 Honda Civic Owner Comments (Page 2 of 2)

Oct 232011

Civic

Unintended acceleration while braking. I turned into the grocery store parking lot and had my foot pressing on the brake to slow down for some people. I was looking for a place to park. All of a sudden, the car accelerated forward rapidly while I was braking. I pressed the brake all the way down. The car kept accelerating rapidly. I grabbed the parking brake with my right hand and steered the wheel with my left hand. I kept my foot pressing on the brake. The car kept accelerating and hit metal railing. The car swerved to the right and hit the first concrete step. The car stopped and I was severely shaken. I tried to get the key out of the ignition, but it would not come out. A man, woman, and store manager kept asking me if I was alright. Several police cars came. One policeman inspected the floor mat in front of the driver's seat. He tried to wiggle it. It only wiggled a little bit to the left and remained far away from the gas pedal, not touching the gas pedal. He wiggled the key with some motion and pulled it out. The derry township police dept. Wrote up a crash information report - incident number dtr111023005. I am still upset and shaken from this accident. The sudden unintended acceleration was so frightening and so dangerous that I no longer trusted this car. The next day when I tried to drive this car to the dealership, the temperature was so hot that it was in the red area. I had this car towed to the dealership, ciocca Honda in harrisburg. I traded this 2008 Honda Civic for a 2012 Honda Civic. In June 2011, my 2008 Honda had a complete inspection at good's automobile service in hershey, pa. Everything checked out fine. I have had several episodes where I was driving and the car would accelerate on its own. Ciocca checked my car several times and said it was fine. The 7/14/2010 service form recorded "customer states vehicle accelerates when off gas."

- Hershey, PA, USA

Oct 232011

- Hershey, PA, USA

Jul 142011

Civic

As I was driving with the sun visor down, I did not need the use of the visor. I tried to push the visor up like many times before. I had to quickly realize that the visor was broken. This problem could have ended up worse if I had not been paying attention to the road and instead to problem that occurred to my sun visor. There was a crack in the edge that is closest to the windshield. To put the visor up requires two hands, and is not possible while driving.

- Gloucester, VA, USA

May 012010

Civic 4-cyl

Driver side visor will not stay up and impairs my vision while driving.

- The Colony, TX, USA

Dec 122010

Civic

The fenders on this model of Honda are merely tacked on. My car was lightly bumped four times and the fenders had to be repaired. They only have a minimum of connectors holding onto them. The old fashion bumpers would prevent this. Updated 01/20/11

- Lakewood, CO, USA

Jul 142010

Civic 4-cyl

The drivers sun visor split during July 2010. I live in mass and it occured on a day that it was about 90 degrees. It is unusable and needs replacement.

- Townsend, MA, USA

Dec 272007

Civic 4-cyl

The contact owns a 2008 Honda Civic. While driving approximately 40 mph in icy conditions, the contact noticed that the vehicle would constantly slide as if it were driving backwards. The dealer refused to inspect the vehicle. The manufacturer did not assist. The failure mileage was 900 and current mileage was 9,000. Updated 12/30/08 the consumer stated the vehicle would fish tail at times. Updated 12/30/08.

- Iron Mountain, MI, USA

Nov 172008

Civic

My 2008 Honda Civic LX drivers window shattered with no provocation. I was driving on I40 at 7:45 pm on 11/17 and I hit a bump in the road. Upon hitting it the drivers side window implode. There were no other vehicle around, nothing hit the glass, just blew in. I had a witness to the even in my car.

- Little Rock, AR, USA