2008 Honda Civic seat belts / air bags problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2008 Honda Civic:

2008 Honda Civic Owner Comments (Page 1 of 5)

Jun 142016

Civic

Honda sent me a safety recall notice on July 2016, of defective airbags that could injure occupant of the front passenger's seat. No further notice received on my end and since then I wasn't able to use the front passenger's seat.

- North Wales, PA, USA

Jun 152016

Civic

Takata recall. The contact owns a 2008 Honda Civic. The contact received a recall notice for NHTSA campaign number: 16V346000 (air bags). The contact stated that the parts needed for the recall remedy were still not available. The contact had not experienced a failure. VIN tool confirms parts not available.

- Coconut Creek, FL, USA

Civic

Takata recall. I received notice of the recall July 2016. The recall call has not been remedied.

- Atascadero, CA, USA

Jul 152016

Civic

I received a letter from Honda notifying me of a recall on my passenger air bag in July. It is now November and the parts are still not available. This is unacceptable for me to be driving an unsafe car for this long. I have a road trip planned in a couple of weeks and need my car to be safe for it.

- Long Beach, CA, USA

Nov 112016

Civic

Takata recall. I received a letter July 2016 about the recall. I called my local dealership, performance kings Honda and was told I was "on the list." I called back today, 11/11/16, and was told that they do not have the part to fix it and wouldn't have it until June 2017. I look on your website and see that all these recalls are being fixed...why is it that performance kings Honda will not have the part in until 2017? that is too long to wait. I have to drive clients as part of my job and am risking the safety of others and myself.

- Cincinnati, OH, USA

Mar 312016

Civic

Takata recall we received a recall notice that stated we should not operate the vehicle until it is repaired so now a eight months later are still waiting and have to use the car.

- Dubois, PA, USA

Oct 282016

Civic

Takata recall - this issue has not been resolved in a timely manner. I continue to drive around terrified that I will get in an accident and my airbag will deploy. I should feel safe because of my airbags but instead I feel fear. I kept my car in Florida from 2008-2012 and understand that the heat may make my vehicle more vulnerable. I would like to get this resolved as quickly as possible so that I can feel safe driving my car and having passengers with me. Thank you.

- Raleigh, NC, USA

Jun 232016

Civic

The contact owns a 2008 Honda Civic. The contact received notification of NHTSA campaign number: 16V346000 (air bags); however, the parts to do the repair were unavailable. The contact stated that the manufacturer exceeded a reasonable amount of time for the recall repair. The manufacturer was not notified of the issue. The contact had not experienced a failure. The VIN was invalid. VIN tool confirms parts not available.

- Los Angeles, CA, USA

Civic

Takata recall. The contact owns a 2008 Honda Civic. The contact stated that the recall notice for NHTSA campaign number: 16V346000 (air bags) was received in July of 2016. After contacting the dealer and the manufacturer on multiple occasions, the contact was informed that the parts needed for the recall remedy were still not available and no estimated time for receiving the parts could be provided. The contact had not experienced a failure. The VIN tool confirms parts not available.

- Wentzville, MO, USA

Civic

Takata recall. The contact owns a 2008 Honda Civic. The contact received notification of NHTSA campaign number: 16V346000 (air bags); however, the parts to do the repair were unavailable. The manufacturer exceeded a reasonable amount of time for the recall repair. The manufacturer was not notified of the issue. The contact had not experienced a failure. VIN tool confirms parts not available.

- Safety Harbor, FL, USA

Jul 212016

Civic

Takata recall contacted dealer in late July. Still no remedy.

- Mesa, AZ, USA

May 012016

Civic

Takata recall, I have not been able to use the car for six months and no one will replace the air bag. This has caused a severe financial problem.

- Cedar Park, TX, USA

Aug 012016

Civic

Takata recall. The contact owns a 2008 Honda Civic. The contact received notification of NHTSA campaign number: 16V346000 (air bags) and stated that the part needed for the repair was not available. The contact stated that the manufacturer exceeded a reasonable amount of time for the recall repair. The manufacturer was made aware of the issue. The contact had not experienced a failure. VIN tool confirms parts not available.

- San Jose, CA, USA

Jul 102016

Civic

Takata recall. The contact owns a 2008 Honda Civic. The contact received notification of NHTSA campaign number: 16V346000 (air bags). The part needed for the repair was not available. The contact stated that the manufacturer exceeded a reasonable amount of time for the recall repair. The manufacturer was made aware of the issue. The contact had not experienced a failure. VIN tool confirms parts not available.

- Downey, CA, USA

Sep 302016

- Flagstaff, AZ, USA

Sep 292016

Civic

Takata recall. The contact owns a 2008 Honda Civic. The contact received a recall notice for NHTSA campaign number: 16V346000 (air bags). The contact stated that the parts needed for the recall remedy were still not available and that the manufacturer exceeded a reasonable amount of time for the recall repair. The contact had not experienced a failure. VIN tool confirms parts not available.

- Saint Marys, PA, USA

Jul 202016

Civic

I received a recall notice in July. I contacted Honda to have the recall performed. They told me they would contact me when the parts arrived. It is now almost October and I have received no response to date. The recall notice states that the defect should be remedied within 60 days from the date that the dealer was contacted for a repair appointment. It has been well past 60 days with no response. I contacted them again and left a voicemail today, September 28, 2016.

- The Colony, TX, USA

Sep 262016

Civic

Takata recall I called the Honda dealership at central avenue in albany NY thinking they could address the dashboard light indicating a malfunction with the airbag knowing in the past there has been a recall on this yet they reported they cant help me other than me purchasing the part. This is a great dilemma for me considering I dont have the money for this and my car wont pass inspection as long as this light is on; the current sticker expires in three days!

- Schenectady, NY, USA

Jul 142016

Civic

Takata recall. Honda recall # KA5. Received notice of recall July 2016. Have not received any indication that remedy for recall is available. According to the website safercar.gov, the recall was made known in May 2016. I would like to know how to resolve this safety issue. This seems to be too much time to wait to have such a serious problem resolved.

- Bonita Springs, FL, USA

Jul 122016

Civic

Takata recall. The contact owns a 2008 Honda Civic. The contact received notification of NHTSA campaign number: 16V346000 (air bags). The part to do the recall repair was unavailable. The contact stated that the manufacturer exceeded a reasonable amount of time for the recall repair. The manufacturer was aware of the issue. The contact had not experienced a failure. VIN tool confirms parts not available.

- Salem, OR, USA