9.0

1. had rotors replaced (2 reports)
  3. dealer resurfaced front rotor and replaced brake pads (1 reports)
  4. dealership resurfaced same initial rotors and new brake pads (1 reports)
2009 Honda Civic brakes problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2009 Honda Civic:

2009 Honda Civic Owner Comments

Nov 012013

Civic LX 1.6L

I have been driving for over 50 years and never had to replace rotors at 50,000 miles

- , Haverstraw, New York, USA

Dec 302011

Civic

Bought a brand new 2009 Honda Civic EX in January 2009. Had constant problems with the brakes and had to replace the rotors twice during ownership. Front wheels screeched off and on. I was told it was "normal wear and tear" and had to pay out of pocket to replace rotors each time. Sold the car at around 40000 miles in December 2012.

Oh and the paint is crap. Paint would chip to the metal with the smallest of impacts.

- , Glen Allen, VA, USA

Aug 172010

Civic

First time brakes sounded by rubbing metal was 8/2009 - dealership only resurfaced and replaced brakes, this time around at 12000 miles later it happened again - again instead of replacing rotor, they did some more resurfacing and replaced brake pads

Mar 152011

Civic

At 11919 miles, brakes sounded like metal rubbing together, rotors refaced and brakes replaced, at 23937, the same thing happened, rotors refaced and brakes replaced. both times i complained that it is not normal and i should not be replacing brakes every 10-12,000 miles. it is happening again at 32300 miles. i am going to see what the reasoning is now.

They should have REPLACED the rotors after the 2nd issue vs. just resurfacing something that had no more to resurface.

Oct 082009

Civic

After only 11919 miles on the car, driven solely by myself - a seasoned driver, the brakes were squeaking. Dealership indicated it was driver causing problem, after my complaints, they fixed without cost. Dealership [Mahwah] says this has not been reported. occurred in Oct 2009 - the car is new and probably don't have enough out on the road up to the problem mileage yet.

Apr 012009

Civic GX

I purchased a 2009 Civic GX in November of 2008. I purchased the extended warranty as well. By April, the car had 8,000 miles on it and the car shuddered when the brake was applied from most speeds above 40 miles per hour. My mistake was waiting for the 15,000 mile service to take it in. Honda said that the rotors were warped and needed re-surfacing and the brake pads needed replacing. They stated that this was normal wear and was not covered under the warranty. We also drive a 2003 Honda Pilot whose brakes need to be changed very infrequently, something around 50K miles a change. None of my other cars have ever had this problem which leads me to believe that this is a defect in the car they sold us. I went to 2 different dealerships and to Honda America. I am waiting for a verdict from them. If they do not make it right by taking care of this defect, this will be the last Honda I ever buy,

- , Mission Viejo, CA, USA