3.9

2009 Honda Civic fuel system problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2009 Honda Civic:

2009 Honda Civic Owner Comments

Aug 082016

Civic

Check engine light came on. An independent garage scanned the code as P2422 evap emission system vent valve stuck closed. Fuel tank does not seem to fill all the way, and sometimes a fuel oder is present. Online search mentioned there is a technical service bulletin #11-036 for this code. Took the vehicle to the dealer on 8/19/16 as part of the airbag recall. Dealer mentioned there is no recall for P2422, and there is no emissions warranty that covers this issue.

- Sacramento, CA, USA

Jul 282016

Civic

Takata recall...just rec'd he recall notice airbags & fuel system...called Honda and.....I think it is extremely unreasonable and unrealistic to send out a recall notice without an immediate resolution. Honda's suggestion is to not carry passengers in the front seat...which again..is unreasonable and unrealistic...if they are not able to fix this safety issue then they should provide a safe vehicle as a replacement until it is fixed. I hold Honda fully responsible and liable for any injuries or death that may result from their neglectful act.

- Gonzales, CA, USA

Sep 222010

Civic

2009 Honda Civic 4 door sedan, bought brand new ? within the first 30,000 miles, the car began to have intermittent problems with starting in lower temperature weather (50 and below). Car engine will crank and fail to turn over if left in colder temperature for more than 12 hours, I have installed a new battery and the problem has persisted. Brought the car into the dealer and the starter, alternator, fuel pump, battery, everything was "fine." Problem continues to this day and Honda has never been able to answer why.

- Bartlett, IL, USA

Apr 152011

Civic

2009 Honda Civic gx has an intermittent cold start / hard start / no start problem. It can take anywhere from 30 seconds to eight minutes to get the car to started. On a few occasions I gave up trying to start the car and drove my truck instead. Originally the problem was occurring about once a week to once a month. I have had the car die while driving and wouldn't restart. Since Jan 25th 2012 my car has been at the Honda dealer for a total of nearly 12 weeks while attempting to correct the problem. The dealer has had my car for the last 9 weeks straight and has been unable to determine the cause of the starting problems. Currently it will not start about 50 percent of the time. While my car is fueled by CNG (compressed natural gas) I have found numerous 2008, 2009, 2010 and 2011 Honda's with hard start / cold start complaints identical to the problems my car. The only difference between those cars and mine is mine is fueled by CNG while the rest of the Honda Civics are all gasoline powered. www.youtube.com/watch"V=yzkqqqg9L8W in this video the car had only been sitting 8 hours from when I last started the car. www.youtube.com/watch"V=3eict...eature=channel 2009 Honda Civic cold start problem. In this video I had already attempted to start the car for about a minute or more prior to me starting to video it on my phone. The temperature when I was trying to start the car was 44 degrees though the overnight low was about 35 degrees.

- Renton, WA, USA