2009 Honda Civic wheels / hubs problems

wheels / hubs problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2009 Honda Civic:

2009 Honda Civic Owner Comments (Page 2 of 2)

Dec 102008

Civic

On my 2009 Honda Civic that is only five months old right around 20,000 miles I noticed a vibration in the rear end. This vibration got worse quickly. At 20,560 I had the tires looked at and both tires have good tread left but have excessive cupping in a diagonal pattern the same as the 06/07 tsb. I took the car to the dealer I bought the car from. The service dept stated that there was no tsb or recall and that they could check the alignment but it was out of warranty at 12,000 miles (meaning I would be charged) and even though Honda sold me the car with these tires on it they did not produce the tires and they were not covered under any warranty. NHTSA needs to assist consumers by looking into this (numerous posting on other internet sites) before owners ignore this problem and someone is killed by the tire failure due to a problem in the rear end.

- Cabot, AR, USA

Nov 132009

Civic

The contact owns a 2009 Honda Civic. While driving 20 mph the vehicle began vibrating in the rear. The contact noticed that there was cupping in the tire tread which caused the vehicle to vibrate. A local tire shop replaced the rear tire. The dealer checked the entire rear-end of the vehicle for damage; however, nothing was broken. The dealer requested that a manufacturers representative inspect the vehicle; yet, this has not occurred. The contact had the identical failure on a 2006 Civic and the dealer stated that failure was caused by a loose bushing which caused unusual tire wear. The contact stated that this is a major manufacturers defect. The current mileage was 16,000 and the failure mileage was 15,000.

- Bronx, NY, USA

Jul 092009

Civic

I was driving West bound on I-84 in danbury ct, in the left hand lane. It felt as if I had hit something. The car veered into the guardrail, the left front tire was ripped off the car, I was able to maneuver the vehicle to the right hand side of the highway - break down lane. I felt heat under my seat, I immediately got out of the vehicle, with in 3 - 5 minutes the car was full engulfed in flames.

- Danbury, CT, USA

Mar 012009

Civic

Tires started separating 24000 miles after purchase. Tires were properly maintained.

- Kingman, AZ, USA