3.2

2010 Honda Civic accessories - exterior problems

accessories - exterior problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2010 Honda Civic:

2010 Honda Civic Owner Comments (Page 1 of 2)

Feb 022016

Civic

The driver's side sun visor just cracked open and became impossible to fold back up. It stays hanging from the ceiling and limiting visibility. To see better I have to adjust the height of the seat, but makes the driving uncomfortable and with lower visibility as well.

- Riverside, CA, USA

Aug 062016

Civic

The contact owns a 2010 Honda Civic. The contact stated that the driver's side sun visor independently fell down after it spontaneously fractured. The vehicle was not diagnosed nor repaired. The manufacturer was notified of the failure. The failure mileage was approximately 60,000.

- Staten Island, NY, USA

Jul 152016

Civic

The contact owns a 2010 Honda Civic. When the contact started the vehicle and activated the air conditioner, hot air circulated through the vents. The vehicle was taken to the dealer where it was diagnosed that metal fragments were in the air conditioner compressor. The vehicle was not repaired. The manufacturer was notified. The approximate failure mileage was 113,000. Updated 10/13/16

- Tuscaloosa, AL, USA

May 192015

Civic

Interior sun visor failure. The sun visors will no longer stay in the up position. No incident but the sun visor failure effects visibility therefore should be considered a safety issue and defect in materials and workmanship and repaired at the manufactures expense.

- Corinth Texas, TX, USA

Jun 022016

Civic

Driver's side visor is broken. The plastic seam has split and the visor would not stay in place. The visor suddenly turns down while driving obstructing my view of the road and the traffic in front of me. This has almost caused an accident on multiple occasions. I managed to get the gear inside back into position, but cannot use the visor when needed because it breaks every time it is lowered into position. This is safety hazard.

- Mays Landing,, NJ, USA

Sep 122011

Civic

There is known problem with the sun visors for this model of Honda Civic. The visor falls apart in the middle, and then will not stay up. It is highly dangerous. Either the visor is down blocking sight of the road, or if you have it rigged to stay up then you hesitate to pull the visor down because you will never get it to stay up again so you end up driving with sun in your eyes. Each time I get a replacement it costs me about $80 or so, so I avoid that too. Honda, please come up with a solution!!!! problem started shortly after purchase and continues today. Other than this dangerous and annoying problem, I love my car.

- College Station, TX, USA

Oct 022015

Civic

The sun visor on my 2010 Honda Civic will not stay up in the lock position. It will fall down at any moment and not fully lock into up position. This was addressed when I took it to the Honda dealer and they said was out of warranty, but I have an extended warranty. I have called back twice and was told his rep has not got back to him and I need to wait. Tired of waiting because this is a safety issue, because the visor can suddenly fall down in the straight down position and block view. I called Honda automobile customer care and they say I will need to wait 2 to 3 days for someone to get back with me. It is a known issue, just look at all the complaints on this site, and they have a process that can take weeks or months to fix it. Based on my factual personal experience so far.

- Sun Valley, CA, USA

Aug 172015

Civic

Sunvisor on driver side is coming apart at the seam and will not stay completely in the up position (against the roof liner). I have not repaired or replaced this yet and dread it as the car is now out of warranty. I only recently surpassed 36000 miles, but have had the car nearly 5 years. I hate having to pay a dealer to fix piddly little things like this and am very disappointed to see this kind of issue on a Honda. When I first noticed this the car was stationary, as I had just gotten in the car to go home from work. I don't remember exactly when this happened but it was during this past summer, I would guess mid to late August, when it was very hot in North Alabama. The attached pictures were taken today, in mid-October.

- Madison, AL, USA

Jun 102014

Civic

Vehicle sun visors fail and hang down blocking drivers view. It can happen unexpectedly and can only be cleared by quickly moving visor to side or holding up. Both actions effect the drivers ability to safely operate automobile.

- Palmdale, CA, USA

Oct 062015

Civic

Sunvisor cracked at the seam - cannot stay folded up and inhibits driving view noticed when driving at night and the visor would not go up and close against the interior roof. Current mileage: 28,788

- Sacramento, CA, USA

Jun 102015

Civic

Sun visor came down while driving and it does not stays up, causing to block driving view. I have noticed body of the sun visor developed a crack, bulged out. I can see parts inside from where the crack developed.

- Santa Clarita, CA, USA

Aug 062013

Civic

The contact owns a 2010 Honda Civic. While driving at various speeds, the driver side sun visor failed to stay in the upwards position and blocked the view of the road. The vehicle was taken to the dealer. The technician diagnosed that the visor was fractured and needed to be replaced. The vehicle was not repaired. The manufacturer was not made aware of the failure. The approximate failure mileage was 40,000.

- Zionsville, IN, USA

Jul 282015

Civic

Drivers side visor would not stay folded up. It had split and no longer hold to support. Seems simikar or same as earlier year product recall.

- Lewes, DE, USA

Jun 152015

Civic

Both drivers side and passenger side sun visors no longer work and are split by the base. The passenger side always hangs down and while leaving the gas station I almost ran into a pedestrian I could not see because of the hanging sun visor obstruction. I had to remove the visor from the passenger side and cannot use the drivers side for fear that I can't get it to stay up.

- Phoenix, AZ, USA

Sep 102011

Civic 4-cyl

Both driver and passenger sun visors have failed. The visors are made up of two horizontal pieces of plastic snapped together. Both visors have separated and no longer "grip" the visor swing arm, the metal piece that attaches the visor to the car and allows it to be repositioned. Attempting to adjust the visor results in the two pieces of the visor separating from each other and the visor becoming disengaged; meaning, it will no longer allow itself to be adjusted. It will no longer stay in any set position. All attempts to put it back to its retracted position against the headliner will result in it just falling back down to the neutral vertical position. My Honda dealer replaced the initial failed driver's side visor after I complained multiple times and being that my car was still under warranty. However the same dealer refused to replace the passenger side when it failed even though my car was still under the 36 month / 36000 mile warranty. At about 52000 miles, the driver's visor that was replaced failed again. The dealer service rep told me that it would cost me $90 to replace each side. Currently we have placarded both with "do not attempt to pull down inop." My Civic has a through maintenance history record and has always been serviced by the same Honda dealer. The dates and mileage are estimated but with a little research, it would be possible to determine both mileage and dates within a couple thousand miles or a couple months using the service records/notes.

- Fort Mill, SC, USA

Dec 022014

Civic

Driver side sun visor broke by simply pulling down the visor to shield my eyes at 55mph. It now just hangs halfway down and will not stay up against the roof area. I have read that Honda has had issues in the past with their visors but only fixing up to 2009 and mine is a 2010. This is a bit dangerous.

- Norfolk, VA, USA

Aug 272014

Civic 4-cyl

The driver side sun visor flopped down. When I looked at it had separated so it no longer stays up. I'm lucky it happened after I had come back from driving 40 something miles on the highway where it could have caused an accident. From looking around it would be about a 46 to 53 dollar repair plus shipping if I do it myself. What a rip off on something poorly designed. I've already searched the issue on the internet and some Honda forums (even on amazon where it shows people who technically in warranty (extended) but don't know) which show dozens of complaints. Its still happening to the 2010 Honda's so its not just the earlier models of the 2006-2008.

- Avondale, AZ, USA

Jul 302014

Civic 4-cyl

Driver's side sun visor split at seam, dropping visor into line of sight. Common problem on Civics, class action suit resulted in warranty extension to seven years for models through 2009. They kept installing the same defective visors, but the 2010 model is not covered.

- Oro Valley, AZ, USA

Jul 032014

Civic 4-cyl

Driver's side sun visor hanging down - will not stay up - will need to replace before it becomes an issue/hazard with visibility.

- Yorktown, VA, USA

Dec 172013

Civic

The drivers side sun visor was not staying in place for about 6 months. Yesterday, when I tried to adjust it, the whole thing came right off. The visor split open and a bunch of little plastic pieces inside were broken. I took it to the mechanic and the part costs $45 and luckily I'm not being charged a service fee. I wanted to report this because I have read a lot about it online and it's not fair that the manufacturer uses such cheap parts that will melt or break.

- Estero, FL, USA