6.3

2. replace sun visors (21 reports)
2010 Honda Civic accessories - interior problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2010 Honda Civic:

2010 Honda Civic Owner Comments (Page 1 of 3)

Sep 052016

Civic LX

Now the passenger side visor has done the same thing as the driver's side visor did. I will need to get it replaced as I drive grandchildren and children almost every day. The visor will not stay up!

- , Rainbow City, AL, USA

Jun 062016

Civic LX 1.8L

Hondas are supposed to be better built than this! The visor started by being stiff when I tried to lower it and after a couple weeks of this, it finally froze and I had to resort to the binder clip.

- , Castle Rock, USA

May 022016

Civic DX

This problem occurred with 2009 Honda Civics which were covered by a class action settlement. The problem seems at least as common with the 2010 model, but Honda will not cover it.

- , Santa Ana, CA, USA

Oct 012016

click to see larger images

cracked sun visors cracked sun visors

Very annoying. It's always in the down position, I don't need it at night. If I try to put it all the way forward, it just falls back down.

- , Anaheim, CA, USA

Oct 032016

Civic LX

I own a honda Civic 2010, I really like driving it, it's still in very good condition except for the sun visor on the driver side, it split and cracked and it really pisses me off and its very annoying when it keeps on coming down that I can not see the signal light , sad to say that this is the second time and I have to replace it again. Hope that Honda Company takes care of this matter.

- , Fairfield, CA, USA

Sep 052016

Civic EX

Driver side visor broke all of a sudden and is a problem while driving. 2009 honda civic had this same issue and was recalled, then why not 2010

- , Tampa, FL, USA

Sep 012016

Civic LX

Aloha! I am going to have to replace my driver's side visor for the third time. My son tried to fix the current one and it is not fixable, only replaceable. I think this is ridiculous and I wish I knew then what I know now about Honda's warranty and how they do their best to get out of it, I would not have bought a Honda!

- , Waianae, HI, USA

Sep 142016

Civic

Recently, my driver side sun visor cracked which is not related to car damage . It has been in good condition all these years.Upon further review, it appears this has been a common problem with Honda Civic and I paid a replacement of $72 today at the Honda car shop. You can contact me by email : rrjaitly@yahoo.com . Let me know if you want me to send you a picture of the damaged sun visor.

Rama Jaitly

Update from Oct 18, 2016: Hi,

I reported my car complaint in regards my sun visor being cracked. I haven't received a response over a month. Please email me back at : rrjaitly@yahoo.com. Thank you.

- , Bethesda, MD, USA

Jul 012013

Civic EX 1.8L

Interior sun visor cracked / broken, and it doesn't stay up or it keeps falling down.

- , Houston, TX, USA

Jul 062015

Civic EX

This time it was the passenger side that split after having both sides replaced 2 years earlier. When they split they only hang down right in your face. You cannot put them back in their original position or push them forward out of your way. You have to hold them out of the way when you drive especially at a signal light in order to see the signal. Also, you must physically hold them out of the way when you are trying to back up because they obscure your vision in the read mirror.

- , Columbus, OH, USA

Jul 152016

click to see larger images

cracked sun visors cracked sun visors cracked sun visors cracked sun visors cracked sun visors cracked sun visors

Bought my Civic new in 2010. In 3 years time, both visors broke and had replaced. Another 2 years go by and I had to replace the passenger visor. Now one year later the driver's visor is broken. They want $117 plus tax. I have read that these are the same exact visors that were involved in a class action suit in the 2009 Civics. They keep replaces the defective sun visors with the same defective visors. No one at my Honda dealership will listen to me. I am just a crazy old lady to them. These are a danger!!!!! I have to physically hold them back out of my face while I drive. They obscure and hinder vision to the signal lights and the rear view mirror. If I had the knowledge to do a class action suit on these visors, I would.

- , Columbus, OH, USA

Aug 052016

Civic

Have had the drivers side visor replaced twice. The third one just cracked and will not stay up out of my line of sight. I believe that it is a safety hazard as I have to constantly move to try to see around it. The passenger side visor recently cracked for the first time, so now I will have to get both visors replaced. This is my first Honda and may be my last. If the sun visor can just fall apart with no warning, what about the rest of the car?

- , Lawton, OK, USA

Jul 012015

Civic LX 3.2L

Sun visor cracked and will not stay up. Instead hangs down and blocks field of vision. I am constantly pushing it up or sinking down in my seat so that I can see the road. Definitely a safety hazard.

- , Austin, TX, USA

Jul 122016

Civic

Third time having to replace my 2010 Civic driver's side sun visor! Extremely frustrating!

- , Glendale, AZ, USA

Jun 202016

Civic

My left (driver side) sun visor is cracked. For the SECOND time. I had it replaced not even a year ago. The manager at my local Honda dealership said at first it was not covered and I would have to pay to have it replaced. $90! But I then told her that she had replaced my sisters visor for free and her car was not under warranty since it had over 100,000 miles on it. So, she replaced mine after I called her out. Now, not even a full year later after I had it replaced, it has done the exact same thing again. I have to point out, I do not use my visor regularly. I have used it this year maybe 5 or 6 times. This is imperative to point out because how is it something you use very little, breaks so easily! No wonder Honda says it's $90 to replace. That's a huge profit for them knowing their driver side visors break on the regular. I haven't taken my car in yet. It broke yesterday. I am very interested to find out what I am told tomorrow when I do take it in.

- , Chesapeake, VA, USA

May 012014

Civic

It's a known issue to Honda Civics. 2009 got a recall, why not 2010 since it has the same problem?

- , Honolulu, HI, USA

Mar 252016

Civic

The drivers side (Left) sun visor busted open exposing the interior mechanisms. Because of this, it will no longer snap in place on the hook, which makes it a visual hazard as it just hangs in front of you while your driving. I attempted to remove it, but then the sunlight beams in and this also affects visual capability to drive, which I believe to be somewhat important (sarcasm). I went to the Honda dealer where I purchased it and was told that there are no open recalls for 2010 models.

If you own a 2010 Honda Civic 2010 and have had this issue with the sun visors, please share your complaint, as it would help in getting Honda to recall this piece of equipment as they did with the previous years. Yes, they recalled the 2009 Honda Civic for this exact issue.

- , Miami, FL, USA

Aug 052015

Civic EX-L V4

My daughter drives this car. She needs visor because her eyes are sensitive to sun. I tried clamping & gluing this visor but it refuses to stay in place. I understand that Honda has extended warranty on visor till 2009. I request that they do same for 2010 Honda Civic.

- , Suwanee, GA, USA

Jun 012015

Civic D

Sun visor both sides crack and brake and do not stay in place, making it a visual hazard. Called Honda and was told that there are not other complaints on the 2010 Civic Sun Visors, however, I have replaces visors twice and the fix only last about 6-8 months depending on how hot the weather gets and I live in TX so here we go replacing the sun visors every August.

I read the class actions settlement about this issue, but the vehicles included in the settlement are up to 2009, so obviously when I called Honda with the issue on my 2010 Civic I was given the run around. If anyone else with a Civic 2010 have had this issue with the sun visors, please share info, it would be helpful to know that I am not the only person in the US with a defective sun visors in a 2010 Honda Civic since per Honda CS no other complaints on the 2010 Civic sun visors has ever been made. I am livid as you can imagine!!

- , Coppell, TX, USA

Nov 012014

Civic

Both sun visors have cracked open and are held together with these clips.

- , Riverside, CA, USA