5.6

2010 Honda Civic accessories - interior problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2010 Honda Civic:

2010 Honda Civic Owner Comments

Jul 012014

Civic LX-S 2L

Driver's side sun visor cracks open and drops down while driving the car. Not very safe. The visor can not be put back up, just hangs down making it impossible to drive unless you push it to the side. Dealer told us this was a common problem in the "past". told us to call Honda ourselves and see if they will replace it for free. Honda agreed to replace it for a $20.00 charge. Should have been "free"! A few months later my passenger sun visor does the same. It now hangs down and limits my view. Very dangerous! Honda needs to own up to all its faulty car parts, visors, breaks, etc.. and fix them at no charge to the consumer. This is getting ridiculous!

- , Palmdale, CA, USA

Aug 042014

Civic EX

My visor completely cracked through on the inside. It stopped being able to pivot to close. I had to take it off, cut out some of the cracked plastic, and zip-tie it back together to make it usable.

- , Warrenton, Virginia, USA

Jul 012014

Civic LX

I have friends that have 2010 Civics and they have the same issues. I have read online on other issues. After much reading I see that Honda settled a class action but it ended with 2009 Civics yet they continue using the same crappy visor. I think this is tacky. The cost to fix is $100. Yes, it's fixable - but to me they should be held responsible for it because they know what they are doing and I find it unethical.

- , Breaux Bridge, LA, USA

Sep 082014

Civic LX 1.8L

About the first full week of September, I took the sunshade down from my windshield and the sun visor on the driver's side popped and fell down (not off) in front of my face. I check Ask and Google for costs on repair, as my mechanic said I would probably want to take it to a dealer. I discovered that this has been a REALLY frequent problem and, as noted in many comments, was finally class lawsuit was settled to extend warranty on 2006-2009 Hondas. Apparently, Honda has continued using the same visors. I can order replacement parts from group1autoparts.com for probably about $50 and do it myself, but I'm an old poop and don't want to sit in the Texas sun inside a car with my arms over my head. Honda needs to fix that sucker or stop selling in Texas or anywhere else in the Sunbelt until they correct the problem with a newly designed visor.

The visor is no longer adjustable and won't go back up, not too big a problem for a short person in the day time, but a real annoyance at night and on cloudy days. I think it would be pretty dangerous in any sort of collision, too. Honda's cost too much for such a cheap interior (including having to jack the seat up and down to change height).

- , Fort Worth, TX, USA

May 012014

Civic

The visor on the driver side is split open and of course I ran out of warranty in Dec 2013. The dealer says it will be $100 to fix it:( Shouldn't there be a recall on this if there was a recall on 2009? Its so hard to drive in the sun and I live in Florida.

- , MAITLAND, FL, USA

Jul 042014

Civic LX 1.8L

I'm very happy with my Honda CIVIC 2010 , But.....always something on the way........

the sun visor cracked already, hope there is a recall to fix it........

- , Woodburn, Oregon, USA

Jun 172013

Civic

Last summer, I had the passenger sun visor crack and fall off in less than a weeks time. Then a few weeks later, the driver side visor cracked. I tried superglue, duct tape and it would not stay. Finally got a large binder clip and it has held up on the driver side since it was not totally broken. Now I am trying to get it repaired. Last summer, I was told it was under recall by a dealer until 100,000 miles. Last month, the dealership said they had to order the visors. Now I call because they never got the visors in and they said it is not under recall and that I must pay for the visors at $70.95 each and they would charge no service fee. Why should we have to pay for they CHEAPLY MADE DEFECTIVE SUN VISORS? If the problem is not fixed, then we should be included in the recall. Honda take responsibility.

- , Arlington, TX, USA

Jul 082014

Civic EX 2.0L

Honda settled the lawsuit and extended the warrant to 7 years for 2006-2009 Honda Civic, but my 2010 Civic used the same sun visor and just broke it with no reason. Consider it's a 3.5 years car and just out of warranty, pretty upset that Honda continues to use such defected material.

Called the Honda dealer and American Honda custom service as well, they rejected to repair the defected sun visor for free.

- , Lake Elsinore, CA, USA

Jul 302014

Civic LX 1.8L

The driver's side visor finally split. Been reading about this since I bought the car. Class action suit resulted in warranty extension for cars through model year 2009. I have a 2010, just shy of 4 years old, so not covered. They know they have a bad part, kept putting in through at least the 2011 model year, but won't make good. As of this writing I'm expecting a call back from American Honda (hoping for good will for a 30-year Honda owner). I've already bought a replacement (+/- $81) and can pop it in myself in about a minute. Maybe they'll take care of it, but thought I'd post here to run up the count. I have a feeling I'll have to save the receipt and seek reimbursement after the NEXT class action suit.

Too bad car companies won't deal with safety issues until they get caught and the courts or government forces them to act. Can anyone say GM?

Update from Sep 4, 2014: After talking to American Honda, they agreed to give me a gift card for use at a Honda dealer. It covers the cost of the visor, but I'll have to wait to use it until I need something at the dealer. Probably another visor.

- , Oro Valley, Arizona, USA

Aug 012013

Civic

This broke and would not stay up or down just flops around its FROZEN , I finally took it off and you cannot MOVE THE LEVER cause it is frozen up !! AND now I drive directly into sun in am commute to work and it sucks !! I can get a new one but its over a 100 bucks !! HELP Randie Case

- , Okc, OK, USA

Sep 092013

Civic LX 1.8L V4

click to see larger images

cracked sun visors

The class action lawsuit Honda settled only extended up to their 2009 models. Looks like they haven't fixed a thing for 2010 and beyond models. I am so disappointed.

- , Tempe, AZ, USA

Jun 052013

Civic LX

The 2010 Civic visor design is flawed and has been for years, Honda ignores. Lots of very cheap interior components in this my first and possibly last Honda.

- , Deerfield Beach, FL, USA

Aug 242012

Civic EX 4 Dr Sedan 1.8L

Driver's side sun visor cracked and coming apart. Will not go up and down properly and is not operable. According to the recall information I found, 2006-2009 Civics are doing the same thing, but my 2010 is not covered by the warranty or the recall. Honda should extend the recall to include all years that experience this known problem. The dealer quoted me a price of $68 for the part. I haven't decided what I'm going to do yet, but this should not be an issue for me with a 2 year old car.

- , Pickerington, OH, USA

Apr 022012

Civic SI 4DR 2.4L 4v

The visor is cracked where it connects to the car. I have looked up this issue and do not find any reports of it since the 2008 model. My car is now out of warranty and I have read that even if it was still under warranty, Honda would still charge me to replace it thought it is an obvious defect. I am not rough with the visors and have only had the car for 2.5 years. I went all last summer without any problems with it.

- , Nlr, AR, USA