6.3

2. replace sun visors (9 reports)
2010 Honda Civic accessories - interior problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2010 Honda Civic:

2010 Honda Civic Owner Comments (Page 1 of 2)

Jun 202016

Civic

My left (driver side) sun visor is cracked. For the SECOND time. I had it replaced not even a year ago. The manager at my local Honda dealership said at first it was not covered and I would have to pay to have it replaced. $90! But I then told her that she had replaced my sisters visor for free and her car was not under warranty since it had over 100,000 miles on it. So, she replaced mine after I called her out. Now, not even a full year later after I had it replaced, it has done the exact same thing again. I have to point out, I do not use my visor regularly. I have used it this year maybe 5 or 6 times. This is imperative to point out because how is it something you use very little, breaks so easily! No wonder Honda says it's $90 to replace. That's a huge profit for them knowing their driver side visors break on the regular. I haven't taken my car in yet. It broke yesterday. I am very interested to find out what I am told tomorrow when I do take it in.

- , Chesapeake, VA, USA

May 012014

Civic

It's a known issue to Honda Civics. 2009 got a recall, why not 2010 since it has the same problem?

- , Honolulu, HI, USA

Mar 252016

Civic

The drivers side (Left) sun visor busted open exposing the interior mechanisms. Because of this, it will no longer snap in place on the hook, which makes it a visual hazard as it just hangs in front of you while your driving. I attempted to remove it, but then the sunlight beams in and this also affects visual capability to drive, which I believe to be somewhat important (sarcasm). I went to the Honda dealer where I purchased it and was told that there are no open recalls for 2010 models.

If you own a 2010 Honda Civic 2010 and have had this issue with the sun visors, please share your complaint, as it would help in getting Honda to recall this piece of equipment as they did with the previous years. Yes, they recalled the 2009 Honda Civic for this exact issue.

- , Miami, FL, USA

Aug 052015

Civic EX-L V4

My daughter drives this car. She needs visor because her eyes are sensitive to sun. I tried clamping & gluing this visor but it refuses to stay in place. I understand that Honda has extended warranty on visor till 2009. I request that they do same for 2010 Honda Civic.

- , Suwanee, GA, USA

Jun 012015

Civic D

Sun visor both sides crack and brake and do not stay in place, making it a visual hazard. Called Honda and was told that there are not other complaints on the 2010 Civic Sun Visors, however, I have replaces visors twice and the fix only last about 6-8 months depending on how hot the weather gets and I live in TX so here we go replacing the sun visors every August.

I read the class actions settlement about this issue, but the vehicles included in the settlement are up to 2009, so obviously when I called Honda with the issue on my 2010 Civic I was given the run around. If anyone else with a Civic 2010 have had this issue with the sun visors, please share info, it would be helpful to know that I am not the only person in the US with a defective sun visors in a 2010 Honda Civic since per Honda CS no other complaints on the 2010 Civic sun visors has ever been made. I am livid as you can imagine!!

- , Coppell, TX, USA

Nov 012014

Civic

Both sun visors have cracked open and are held together with these clips.

- , Riverside, CA, USA

Sep 282015

Civic

Honda at this point is not willing to replace defective sun visors. Honda was sued....Google this.... Cooper, et al. v. American Honda Motor Co., Inc....and extended the 2006-2009 sun visors to 100000 and more years of coverage. THIS IS A "KNOWN PROBLEM" and Honda was to supposed to have corrected the faulty sun visors,,,...http://www.autopartscheaper.com/2009-2011-Honda-Civic-Sun-Visor-New-Updated-Model-p/83280-sna-a01ze.htm.......this company thinks different.

I have talked to the dealer service rep, Honda customer Care in Torrance, California, and they are saying the Honda Rep that takes care of the Honda dealers in his/her area is talking to the dealer and that I am waiting for a call from the dealer. I am exhausted from all the hassle....this is causing unnecessary pain and suffering. If you google about these sun visors people are selling on EBay, Amazon, and many other sites. They sell so many they have instructional videos online to help people. Have I made it evident that this is volitional. It is also a safety hazard because when you first find out it all of a sudden falls down again while you are driving then you put it up and it happens again ...http://www-odi.nhtsa.dot.gov/owners/SearchSafetyIssues...NHTS..National Highway Traffic Association....has many complaints ALSO..

- , Los Angeles, CA, USA

Aug 182015

Civic LX 4 cyl

Sun visors extremely cheap and faulty mechanism refuses to keep them "up."

- , Chapel Hill, NC, USA

Aug 212015

Civic

This is the 3rd time I have been in to replace the cracked visors in 2 1/2 years of owning the vehicle. Each time I have had to throw a fit to get the manager to approve not charging me because I am aware of the ongoing problem with their Civic visors. They only approved the recall on certain vins through 2009 and I have a 2010. The problem still occurs and they have not bothered to fix the issue or extend the warranty/recall to other cars. Even the warranty they did extend (7 yrs and/or 100,000) miles is a joke because the mileage on the car has NOTHING to do with these lousy made visors. They crack or pop open about every 7-9 months in Arizona. What a JOKE!!!

- , Gilbert, AZ, USA

Feb 172011

Civic EX

Visor cracked and will not stay up. Had a 2007 Honda and had the same issue and they recalled it. Not happy when I have to bend my head down to see out the window because the visor is hanging there and it will not stay up.

- , Murfreesboro, TN, USA

Jul 012015

Civic LX

Oct 2014, had driver side sun visor replaced due to sun visor expanding and not staying up. Asked if there was a recall at Honda dealer and was told no. I paid over $85.00 to have a new one installed. One week ago the passenger side visor did the same thing, then two days ago the driver side sun visor also expanded and won't stay up. My daughter has a 2006 or 2007 Honda Civic and there was a recall on her sun visors and she had same issue and had it replaced. Then last summer, her other sun visor did same thing. The pattern I'm seeing is when it gets hot outside! By touching the area where the visor is expanded there is a sticky glue residue. Will I have to go to the Honda dealership and raise a stink! This issue has been ongoing with many people who have Honda Civics and I will get two new sun visors or I might be forced to picket the Honda dealership! Can you tell I've had enough of this issue?

- , Bakersfield, CA, USA

Aug 012013

Civic LX

There is a recall for this specific problem on civics (different years). I am at a loss as to why the exact same problem in a different year is not considered to be a part of the manufacturing defect.

- , Pembroke Pines, FL, USA

Jul 022014

Civic VP

Driver's side sun visor cracked just after warranty expired. I've been driving over 40 years and never had a visor crack.

- , Moore, OK, USA

Aug 052013

Civic EX 1.8L I4 Mpi

The driver visor cracked 4 months after I bought the car. I have replaced it and the piece still breaks.

- , Chandler, AZ, USA

Jan 042015

Civic LX

This is a similar problem/complaint I have like customer #14. The sun visor keeps coming down while I'm driving and it's very dangerous. I have to drive two elderly people everyday and its very hazardous for the driver and the passengers in the car. I got the sun visor fixed 2 years ago from a private auto shop but it's broken again...

- , Burbank, CA, USA

Aug 152012

Civic LX 4

I saw there was a settlement in 2011 for previous year same model.

It appears that my sun visor has the same problem, is it covered by Honda?

- , St Petersburg, FL, USA

Jul 012014

Civic LX-S 2L

Driver's side sun visor cracks open and drops down while driving the car. Not very safe. The visor can not be put back up, just hangs down making it impossible to drive unless you push it to the side. Dealer told us this was a common problem in the "past". told us to call Honda ourselves and see if they will replace it for free. Honda agreed to replace it for a $20.00 charge. Should have been "free"! A few months later my passenger sun visor does the same. It now hangs down and limits my view. Very dangerous! Honda needs to own up to all its faulty car parts, visors, breaks, etc.. and fix them at no charge to the consumer. This is getting ridiculous!

- , Palmdale, CA, USA

Aug 042014

Civic EX

My visor completely cracked through on the inside. It stopped being able to pivot to close. I had to take it off, cut out some of the cracked plastic, and zip-tie it back together to make it usable.

- , Warrenton, VA, USA

Jul 012014

Civic LX

I have friends that have 2010 Civics and they have the same issues. I have read online on other issues. After much reading I see that Honda settled a class action but it ended with 2009 Civics yet they continue using the same crappy visor. I think this is tacky. The cost to fix is $100. Yes, it's fixable - but to me they should be held responsible for it because they know what they are doing and I find it unethical.

- , Breaux Bridge, LA, USA

Sep 082014

Civic LX 1.8L

About the first full week of September, I took the sunshade down from my windshield and the sun visor on the driver's side popped and fell down (not off) in front of my face. I check Ask and Google for costs on repair, as my mechanic said I would probably want to take it to a dealer. I discovered that this has been a REALLY frequent problem and, as noted in many comments, was finally class lawsuit was settled to extend warranty on 2006-2009 Hondas. Apparently, Honda has continued using the same visors. I can order replacement parts from group1autoparts.com for probably about $50 and do it myself, but I'm an old poop and don't want to sit in the Texas sun inside a car with my arms over my head. Honda needs to fix that sucker or stop selling in Texas or anywhere else in the Sunbelt until they correct the problem with a newly designed visor.

The visor is no longer adjustable and won't go back up, not too big a problem for a short person in the day time, but a real annoyance at night and on cloudy days. I think it would be pretty dangerous in any sort of collision, too. Honda's cost too much for such a cheap interior (including having to jack the seat up and down to change height).

- , Fort Worth, TX, USA