5.0

2010 Honda Civic accessories - interior problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2010 Honda Civic:

2010 Honda Civic Owner Comments

May 012014

Civic

The visor on the driver side is split open and of course I ran out of warranty in Dec 2013. The dealer says it will be $100 to fix it:( Shouldn't there be a recall on this if there was a recall on 2009? Its so hard to drive in the sun and I live in Florida.

- , MAITLAND, FL, USA

May 012014

- , MAITLAND, FL, USA

Jun 172013

Civic

Last summer, I had the passenger sun visor crack and fall off in less than a weeks time. Then a few weeks later, the driver side visor cracked. I tried superglue, duct tape and it would not stay. Finally got a large binder clip and it has held up on the driver side since it was not totally broken. Now I am trying to get it repaired. Last summer, I was told it was under recall by a dealer until 100,000 miles. Last month, the dealership said they had to order the visors. Now I call because they never got the visors in and they said it is not under recall and that I must pay for the visors at $70.95 each and they would charge no service fee. Why should we have to pay for they CHEAPLY MADE DEFECTIVE SUN VISORS? If the problem is not fixed, then we should be included in the recall. Honda take responsibility.

- , Arlington, TX, USA

Aug 012013

Civic

This broke and would not stay up or down just flops around its FROZEN , I finally took it off and you cannot MOVE THE LEVER cause it is frozen up !! AND now I drive directly into sun in am commute to work and it sucks !! I can get a new one but its over a 100 bucks !! HELP Randie Case

- , Okc, OK, USA

Sep 092013

Civic LX 1.8L V4

click to see larger images

cracked sun visors

The class action lawsuit Honda settled only extended up to their 2009 models. Looks like they haven't fixed a thing for 2010 and beyond models. I am so disappointed.

- , Tempe, AZ, USA

Jun 052013

Civic LX

The 2010 Civic visor design is flawed and has been for years, Honda ignores. Lots of very cheap interior components in this my first and possibly last Honda.

- , Deerfield Beach, FL, USA

Aug 242012

Civic EX 4 Dr Sedan 1.8L

Driver's side sun visor cracked and coming apart. Will not go up and down properly and is not operable. According to the recall information I found, 2006-2009 Civics are doing the same thing, but my 2010 is not covered by the warranty or the recall. Honda should extend the recall to include all years that experience this known problem. The dealer quoted me a price of $68 for the part. I haven't decided what I'm going to do yet, but this should not be an issue for me with a 2 year old car.

- , Pickerington, OH, USA

Apr 022012

Civic SI 4DR 2.4L 4v

The visor is cracked where it connects to the car. I have looked up this issue and do not find any reports of it since the 2008 model. My car is now out of warranty and I have read that even if it was still under warranty, Honda would still charge me to replace it thought it is an obvious defect. I am not rough with the visors and have only had the car for 2.5 years. I went all last summer without any problems with it.

- , Nlr, AR, USA