6.4

2. replace sun visors (13 reports)
2010 Honda Civic accessories - interior problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2010 Honda Civic:

2010 Honda Civic Owner Comments (Page 1 of 2)

Jul 062015

Civic EX

This time it was the passenger side that split after having both sides replaced 2 years earlier. When they split they only hang down right in your face. You cannot put them back in their original position or push them forward out of your way. You have to hold them out of the way when you drive especially at a signal light in order to see the signal. Also, you must physically hold them out of the way when you are trying to back up because they obscure your vision in the read mirror.

- , Columbus, OH, USA

Jul 152016

Civic EX

click to see larger images

cracked sun visors cracked sun visors cracked sun visors cracked sun visors cracked sun visors cracked sun visors

Bought my Civic new in 2010. In 3 years time, both visors broke and had replaced. Another 2 years go by and I had to replace the passenger visor. Now one year later the driver's visor is broken. They want $117 plus tax. I have read that these are the same exact visors that were involved in a class action suit in the 2009 Civics. They keep replaces the defective sun visors with the same defective visors. No one at my Honda dealership will listen to me. I am just a crazy old lady to them. These are a danger!!!!! I have to physically hold them back out of my face while I drive. They obscure and hinder vision to the signal lights and the rear view mirror. If I had the knowledge to do a class action suit on these visors, I would.

- , Columbus, OH, USA

Aug 052016

Civic

Have had the drivers side visor replaced twice. The third one just cracked and will not stay up out of my line of sight. I believe that it is a safety hazard as I have to constantly move to try to see around it. The passenger side visor recently cracked for the first time, so now I will have to get both visors replaced. This is my first Honda and may be my last. If the sun visor can just fall apart with no warning, what about the rest of the car?

- , Lawton, OK, USA

Jul 012015

Civic LX 3.2L

Sun visor cracked and will not stay up. Instead hangs down and blocks field of vision. I am constantly pushing it up or sinking down in my seat so that I can see the road. Definitely a safety hazard.

- , Austin, TX, USA

Jul 122016

Civic

Third time having to replace my 2010 Civic driver's side sun visor! Extremely frustrating!

- , Glendale, AZ, USA

Jun 202016

Civic

My left (driver side) sun visor is cracked. For the SECOND time. I had it replaced not even a year ago. The manager at my local Honda dealership said at first it was not covered and I would have to pay to have it replaced. $90! But I then told her that she had replaced my sisters visor for free and her car was not under warranty since it had over 100,000 miles on it. So, she replaced mine after I called her out. Now, not even a full year later after I had it replaced, it has done the exact same thing again. I have to point out, I do not use my visor regularly. I have used it this year maybe 5 or 6 times. This is imperative to point out because how is it something you use very little, breaks so easily! No wonder Honda says it's $90 to replace. That's a huge profit for them knowing their driver side visors break on the regular. I haven't taken my car in yet. It broke yesterday. I am very interested to find out what I am told tomorrow when I do take it in.

- , Chesapeake, VA, USA

May 012014

Civic

It's a known issue to Honda Civics. 2009 got a recall, why not 2010 since it has the same problem?

- , Honolulu, HI, USA

Mar 252016

Civic

The drivers side (Left) sun visor busted open exposing the interior mechanisms. Because of this, it will no longer snap in place on the hook, which makes it a visual hazard as it just hangs in front of you while your driving. I attempted to remove it, but then the sunlight beams in and this also affects visual capability to drive, which I believe to be somewhat important (sarcasm). I went to the Honda dealer where I purchased it and was told that there are no open recalls for 2010 models.

If you own a 2010 Honda Civic 2010 and have had this issue with the sun visors, please share your complaint, as it would help in getting Honda to recall this piece of equipment as they did with the previous years. Yes, they recalled the 2009 Honda Civic for this exact issue.

- , Miami, FL, USA

Aug 052015

Civic EX-L V4

My daughter drives this car. She needs visor because her eyes are sensitive to sun. I tried clamping & gluing this visor but it refuses to stay in place. I understand that Honda has extended warranty on visor till 2009. I request that they do same for 2010 Honda Civic.

- , Suwanee, GA, USA

Jun 012015

Civic D

Sun visor both sides crack and brake and do not stay in place, making it a visual hazard. Called Honda and was told that there are not other complaints on the 2010 Civic Sun Visors, however, I have replaces visors twice and the fix only last about 6-8 months depending on how hot the weather gets and I live in TX so here we go replacing the sun visors every August.

I read the class actions settlement about this issue, but the vehicles included in the settlement are up to 2009, so obviously when I called Honda with the issue on my 2010 Civic I was given the run around. If anyone else with a Civic 2010 have had this issue with the sun visors, please share info, it would be helpful to know that I am not the only person in the US with a defective sun visors in a 2010 Honda Civic since per Honda CS no other complaints on the 2010 Civic sun visors has ever been made. I am livid as you can imagine!!

- , Coppell, TX, USA

Nov 012014

Civic

Both sun visors have cracked open and are held together with these clips.

- , Riverside, CA, USA

Sep 282015

Civic

Honda at this point is not willing to replace defective sun visors. Honda was sued....Google this.... Cooper, et al. v. American Honda Motor Co., Inc....and extended the 2006-2009 sun visors to 100000 and more years of coverage. THIS IS A "KNOWN PROBLEM" and Honda was to supposed to have corrected the faulty sun visors,,,...http://www.autopartscheaper.com/2009-2011-Honda-Civic-Sun-Visor-New-Updated-Model-p/83280-sna-a01ze.htm.......this company thinks different.

I have talked to the dealer service rep, Honda customer Care in Torrance, California, and they are saying the Honda Rep that takes care of the Honda dealers in his/her area is talking to the dealer and that I am waiting for a call from the dealer. I am exhausted from all the hassle....this is causing unnecessary pain and suffering. If you google about these sun visors people are selling on EBay, Amazon, and many other sites. They sell so many they have instructional videos online to help people. Have I made it evident that this is volitional. It is also a safety hazard because when you first find out it all of a sudden falls down again while you are driving then you put it up and it happens again ...http://www-odi.nhtsa.dot.gov/owners/SearchSafetyIssues...NHTS..National Highway Traffic Association....has many complaints ALSO..

- , Los Angeles, CA, USA

Aug 182015

Civic LX 4 cyl

Sun visors extremely cheap and faulty mechanism refuses to keep them "up."

- , Chapel Hill, NC, USA

Aug 212015

Civic

This is the 3rd time I have been in to replace the cracked visors in 2 1/2 years of owning the vehicle. Each time I have had to throw a fit to get the manager to approve not charging me because I am aware of the ongoing problem with their Civic visors. They only approved the recall on certain vins through 2009 and I have a 2010. The problem still occurs and they have not bothered to fix the issue or extend the warranty/recall to other cars. Even the warranty they did extend (7 yrs and/or 100,000) miles is a joke because the mileage on the car has NOTHING to do with these lousy made visors. They crack or pop open about every 7-9 months in Arizona. What a JOKE!!!

- , Gilbert, AZ, USA

Feb 172011

Civic EX

Visor cracked and will not stay up. Had a 2007 Honda and had the same issue and they recalled it. Not happy when I have to bend my head down to see out the window because the visor is hanging there and it will not stay up.

- , Murfreesboro, TN, USA

Jul 012015

Civic LX

Oct 2014, had driver side sun visor replaced due to sun visor expanding and not staying up. Asked if there was a recall at Honda dealer and was told no. I paid over $85.00 to have a new one installed. One week ago the passenger side visor did the same thing, then two days ago the driver side sun visor also expanded and won't stay up. My daughter has a 2006 or 2007 Honda Civic and there was a recall on her sun visors and she had same issue and had it replaced. Then last summer, her other sun visor did same thing. The pattern I'm seeing is when it gets hot outside! By touching the area where the visor is expanded there is a sticky glue residue. Will I have to go to the Honda dealership and raise a stink! This issue has been ongoing with many people who have Honda Civics and I will get two new sun visors or I might be forced to picket the Honda dealership! Can you tell I've had enough of this issue?

- , Bakersfield, CA, USA

Aug 012013

Civic LX

There is a recall for this specific problem on civics (different years). I am at a loss as to why the exact same problem in a different year is not considered to be a part of the manufacturing defect.

- , Pembroke Pines, FL, USA

Jul 022014

Civic VP

Driver's side sun visor cracked just after warranty expired. I've been driving over 40 years and never had a visor crack.

- , Moore, OK, USA

Aug 052013

Civic EX 1.8L I4 Mpi

The driver visor cracked 4 months after I bought the car. I have replaced it and the piece still breaks.

- , Chandler, AZ, USA

Jan 042015

Civic LX

This is a similar problem/complaint I have like customer #14. The sun visor keeps coming down while I'm driving and it's very dangerous. I have to drive two elderly people everyday and its very hazardous for the driver and the passengers in the car. I got the sun visor fixed 2 years ago from a private auto shop but it's broken again...

- , Burbank, CA, USA