6.2

2. replace sun visors (25 reports)
2010 Honda Civic accessories - interior problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2010 Honda Civic:

2010 Honda Civic Owner Comments (Page 1 of 3)

Aug 182016

Civic LX 4 cyl

This is the only foreign car I ever owned. From 1970 to Oct. 2009, I had all American cars on which all, except the one leased in 1970 and later bought, had well over a 100.000 when I sold or traded them and bought a new one. This Honda exterior is the most vulnerable to any little bump like getting too close to a curb and then the sun visor rotten and fell apart and I rarely park in the sun. I AM SO DISAPPOINTED since I always keep my cars for ten years except the 1970 Cutlass with the lousy paint, but I still chose to keep it 89,000 I expected everything on it to be superior to my American made cars and it is inferior!!

I am supposed to fill out a different for each problem. I have about three more to report. I bought a new, 2010 Honda Civic Lx lemon in early Oct., 2009 that started breaking down on the outside way, way too soon! I am mentioning another problem on the exterior. One day a bumped the curb in my parking space and low and behold the bumper came lose and later had to be snapped back together again except not all the way or not to stay put. I have to do it repetitively nearly after every time I drive someplace or on some errand. The eyelet tore out where it curves and ends at the front side of the car.the bumper comes apart and I snap it back but it does not stay. now the mud guard (?) and the vinyl or rubber attached somehow behind the bumper and to the curved area of the car over the wheels comes loose and some has rotted;. Part of the mud guard under the car fell down and a man right off the interstate at Murfreesboro, TN said it was rotten and said he would cut it off so it would not drag. So, I agreed and he did. No telling how much that will cost to replace it. Also, I had no more than 85,000 just recently when I had to have a eleven hundred and fifty-four dollar air conditioner compressor job.

I have given up on the Honda service centers. They do not keep good records on their computer and when I go to have an oil and oil filter change and the free inspection they give everyone at certain times, mine every six months whether I need it or not, they suggest all kinds of work which I have no symptoms or no warnings on the maintenance minder. They could look on their computer and see if I have had such and such instead of expecting me to look at a half dozen invoices myself or just trust them ( they would like) to always play it straight with me when I have evidence that they have not always!

- , Chattanooga, TN, US

Jan 262017

Civic

This is the third time the left sun visor has to be replaced! It is a driving hazard!

- , Devon, US

Apr 272017

Civic Coupe 3.2L

This just totally blew apart. I went to pull it down to cover the sun in my eyes and it just fell apart.

- , She, US

Mar 152017

Civic EX

Sun visor cracked on passenger side. Unable to put back together or fix. It was literally fine in the AM and went out to the car after working 8 hours and the whole thing was cracked and falling apart.

- , TUCSON, AZ, US

Jul 132016

Civic EX

Hot weather makes the sun visors break apart in a way they cannot be put back together. This has been a problem on previous Honda Civic models and it looks like they still have not fixed the problem.

- , Leander, TX, US

Oct 032016

Civic EX-L

I'll never buy another Honda. Have had nothing but problems with this car including vanishing paint, a/c stopped working, premature tire wear, and now sun visors cracking. It now only has 50000 miles on it!

- , Erlanger, KY, USA

Sep 052016

Civic LX

Now the passenger side visor has done the same thing as the driver's side visor did. I will need to get it replaced as I drive grandchildren and children almost every day. The visor will not stay up!

- , Rainbow City, AL, USA

Jun 062016

Civic LX 1.8L

Hondas are supposed to be better built than this! The visor started by being stiff when I tried to lower it and after a couple weeks of this, it finally froze and I had to resort to the binder clip.

- , Castle Rock, USA

May 022016

Civic DX

This problem occurred with 2009 Honda Civics which were covered by a class action settlement. The problem seems at least as common with the 2010 model, but Honda will not cover it.

- , Santa Ana, CA, USA

Oct 012016

click to see larger images

cracked sun visors cracked sun visors

Very annoying. It's always in the down position, I don't need it at night. If I try to put it all the way forward, it just falls back down.

- , Anaheim, CA, USA

Oct 032016

Civic LX

I own a honda Civic 2010, I really like driving it, it's still in very good condition except for the sun visor on the driver side, it split and cracked and it really pisses me off and its very annoying when it keeps on coming down that I can not see the signal light , sad to say that this is the second time and I have to replace it again. Hope that Honda Company takes care of this matter.

- , Fairfield, CA, USA

Sep 052016

Civic EX

Driver side visor broke all of a sudden and is a problem while driving. 2009 honda civic had this same issue and was recalled, then why not 2010

- , Tampa, FL, USA

Sep 012016

Civic LX

Aloha! I am going to have to replace my driver's side visor for the third time. My son tried to fix the current one and it is not fixable, only replaceable. I think this is ridiculous and I wish I knew then what I know now about Honda's warranty and how they do their best to get out of it, I would not have bought a Honda!

- , Waianae, HI, USA

Sep 142016

Civic

Recently, my driver side sun visor cracked which is not related to car damage . It has been in good condition all these years.Upon further review, it appears this has been a common problem with Honda Civic and I paid a replacement of $72 today at the Honda car shop. You can contact me by email : rrjaitly@yahoo.com . Let me know if you want me to send you a picture of the damaged sun visor.

Rama Jaitly

Update from Oct 18, 2016: Hi,

I reported my car complaint in regards my sun visor being cracked. I haven't received a response over a month. Please email me back at : rrjaitly@yahoo.com. Thank you.

- , Bethesda, MD, USA

Jul 012013

Civic EX 1.8L

Interior sun visor cracked / broken, and it doesn't stay up or it keeps falling down.

- , Houston, TX, US

Jul 062015

Civic EX

This time it was the passenger side that split after having both sides replaced 2 years earlier. When they split they only hang down right in your face. You cannot put them back in their original position or push them forward out of your way. You have to hold them out of the way when you drive especially at a signal light in order to see the signal. Also, you must physically hold them out of the way when you are trying to back up because they obscure your vision in the read mirror.

- , Columbus, OH, USA

Jul 152016

click to see larger images

cracked sun visors cracked sun visors cracked sun visors cracked sun visors cracked sun visors cracked sun visors

Bought my Civic new in 2010. In 3 years time, both visors broke and had replaced. Another 2 years go by and I had to replace the passenger visor. Now one year later the driver's visor is broken. They want $117 plus tax. I have read that these are the same exact visors that were involved in a class action suit in the 2009 Civics. They keep replaces the defective sun visors with the same defective visors. No one at my Honda dealership will listen to me. I am just a crazy old lady to them. These are a danger!!!!! I have to physically hold them back out of my face while I drive. They obscure and hinder vision to the signal lights and the rear view mirror. If I had the knowledge to do a class action suit on these visors, I would.

- , Columbus, OH, USA

Aug 052016

Civic

Have had the drivers side visor replaced twice. The third one just cracked and will not stay up out of my line of sight. I believe that it is a safety hazard as I have to constantly move to try to see around it. The passenger side visor recently cracked for the first time, so now I will have to get both visors replaced. This is my first Honda and may be my last. If the sun visor can just fall apart with no warning, what about the rest of the car?

- , Lawton, OK, USA

Jul 012015

Civic LX 3.2L

Sun visor cracked and will not stay up. Instead hangs down and blocks field of vision. I am constantly pushing it up or sinking down in my seat so that I can see the road. Definitely a safety hazard.

- , Austin, TX, USA

Jul 122016

Civic

Third time having to replace my 2010 Civic driver's side sun visor! Extremely frustrating!

- , Glendale, AZ, US