2.8

2010 Honda Civic miscellaneous problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2010 Honda Civic:

2010 Honda Civic Owner Comments

Oct 012016

Civic

Sun visor has failed, split open. Very annoying. It's always in the down position, I don't need it at night. If I try to put it all the way forward, it just goes back down.I have read about class action lawsuit on years 2006-2009 but seems like others have failed as well.

- Anaheim, CA, USA

May 012016

Civic

Top part of sun visor cracked causing inability of visor to stay in up position.

- Afton, VA, USA

Aug 012016

Civic

My car horn to honk is not working. I replaced the fuse and it won't work. This is very dangerous!! I can't warn cars that are about to crash into me that I'm there. I can't prevent accidents without honking. Some cars don't see me in there blind spots. I feel like if someone crashes into me Honda will be part at fault bc the horn doesn't work. I received a recall letter from Honda saying the air bags are being recalled. I think the horn situation should be investigated bc the horn and the airbag are located in the same place. My horn malfunction before but it had gotten fixed by itself.

- Downey, CA, USA

Apr 012016

Civic

The paint on the roof of the car and on the trunk is peeling and fading. It started out as dull looking paint and then turned into gray spots.

- Ossining, NY, USA

Jun 152016

Civic

I was pulling out of my parking lot and was getting ready to drive out to turn onto the road in front of my apartment, went to put down my driver's side sun visor and it fell off.

- Owasso, OK, USA

Aug 112015

Civic

Both sunvisors on my Civic have split and will fall down in front of me and block my view of the road at any time. This is frustrating and dangerous.

- Moore, OK, USA

May 112016

Civic

Sun visor on passenger side split and now just hangs down

- Goodyear, AZ, USA

Feb 012016

Civic

We have replaced the sun visor in the second year that we had the car. Our car is now six years old and it has to be replaced again! my son has a 2002 Honda and has never had to replace them. It makes me feel the car is made very cheaply!

- Fresno, CA, USA

Dec 292015

Civic

I been replacing my axles 6 times, 2 in the rigth side and 4 times in the left side.the dealer or Honda cant tell me what is wrong but also they dont do nothing about it eather

- Ashburn, VA, USA

Feb 242016

Civic

There is a water leak in the interior of the car. Anytime that it rains, water leaks through the top section of the driver's side curtain airbag. We have had continued rain for the past two days and it has dripped down while sitting parked all night. The whole interior in seat are soaked wet. There was no previous damage to the top of the car.

- Perry Hall, MD, USA

Dec 012015

Civic

Vehicle started fine in the mornings but, when shifted into reverse, there was a loud, humming noise. I have owned several vehicles before but have never encountered this noise before. I have been advised that the engine mount needed to be changed and that this is a common problem. Honda should address this as there seems to be a design issue.

- Miami, FL, USA

Jul 152015

Civic

The sun visor on the driver's side won't stay up, keeps coming down while I'm driving making visibility poor...visor came apart at the seam, making it impossible for the visor to stay up against the roof and out of the driver's line of vision...a recall for this same problem was issued for model years up to 2009...the same visor is on the 2010 models, why weren't they involved in the recall also? the passenger side is also looking like it's going to have the same issue

- Coope City, FL, USA

Jan 082015

Civic

Paint peeling due to poor workmanship

- Watertown, CT, USA

Oct 212015

Civic

Driver's side sun visor fell down while driving and won't stay up. The seam is split and the visor just hangs making it difficult to see. Moving or stationary makes no difference, it won't stay up in either situation. I have to physically hold it up while I drive.

- Tulsa, OK, USA

Oct 112015

Civic

Drivers side visor mechanism to hold the visor in place has failed. The visor cannot be set in an upright position which impairs vision. This happens in stationary and while the vehicle is moving.

- Pflugerville, TX, USA

Jul 012015

Civic

Sunvisor cracked at the seam, thus cannot stay up and maintain at the position laying flat on the roof

- Temple City, CA, USA

Jul 282015

Civic

Drivers side visor would not stay folded up. It had split and no longer hold to support. Seems simikar or same as earlier year product recall.

- Lewes, DE, USA

Jan 012015

Civic

The driver's door power lock actuator failed and within two months the rear driver's door lock actuator failed as well.

- Bay Point, CA, USA

Dec 172014

Civic

1. the paint on the roof is fadding in big blotches. 2. the rubber around the front and side windows is cracked and brittle. 3. headlamp covers are cloudy 4. visors warp. This is the second time...... 5. tire cracking

- Gilbert, AZ, USA

Jun 142011

Civic 4-cyl

Driver side and passenger side sun visors are in the down position and have lost their mechanical ability to be placed in its resting position against the headliner. The driver side sun visor in its down position is a safety hazard for the driver because visibility is limited. With limited visibility while driving, this poses a serious danger for the driver while operating the motor vehicle.

- Glendale, AZ, USA