2011 Honda Civic accessories - exterior problems

accessories - exterior problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2011 Honda Civic:

2011 Honda Civic Owner Comments

Sep 012016

Drivers side sun visor hanging down it won't stay

- Canton, GA, USA

Oct 012015

Driver and passenger side visors are mechanically defective. Flipping them from up to down uses an internal component which snaps, keeping the visor in place to stay out up out of visibility or down to block the sun. After 15K miles or so, snap component pushes out through the visor assembly, preventing ability to use during driving -- and ultimately off the bracket holding the visor to the ceiling. Car has 46K miles on it -- both visors have now been replaced 3 times

- Denton, TX, USA

Aug 072015

Driver's side sun visor split horizontally, making it unable to stay in up position. It will fall down on its own-partially obstructing view.

- Covington, GA, USA

Jan 312012

Civic 4-cyl

I love my Honda Civic and this is the 2nd one I've had, however I have one safety issue with the 2011, visibility and blind spots while driving. Sitting in the drivers seat, the part between the front windshield and the passenger side window has nearly caused me several accidents. I pull up to stop sign, and road looks clear, but when I start to pull out, I just miss a car or truck that was caught in that one blind spot. Honda should look into this and fix the design of this area.

- Crescent City, CA, USA

Oct 012013

Civic 4-cyl

Driver side sun visor is defective and will not stay up. Need to get a replacement because Honda refused to cover under warranty.

- Huntington Beach, CA, USA

Apr 152014

Civic 4-cyl

The sunvisor in the driver's side is broken. At first, one side split open and wasn't keeping the visor in place letting it fall in front of the driver's face. After few days, it completely felt off. I bought this car brand new and only have about 24,000 miles, I don't drive it very much and I think it is bad quality in their sunvisor. I called the Honda dealer and they want to charge me $110, they said that there is not in recall because is the 2011 model.

- Orlando, FL, USA

Apr 142014

Civic 4-cyl

Both sun visors cracked and no longer remain in the stowed position. Then can fall down into the driver's field of view.

- Huntington Beach, CA, USA

Jun 212012

Civic 4-cyl

My sun visors have split open at the seam and do not stay up. They obstruct my vision, especially driving at night. Both driver side and passenger side visors broke within one day of each other at 37,700 miles. Honda refuses to extend warranty and says that I must have damaged them by not using them correctly! car is only one year old and was purchased brand new.

- Schertz, TX, USA