4.0

2011 Honda Civic engine problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2011 Honda Civic:

2011 Honda Civic Owner Comments

Oct 072015

Civic

2011 Civic coupe motor mount/bump stop defective at 38684 miles. Causes vehicle to rattle and vibrate excessively at start, reversing, and w/ air conditioner on. While driving any bump in the road exacerbates the condition. Honda service knew the issue over the phone, multiple threads to the same over entire 8th gen Civic are found with a basic google search. Right Honda refused to cover and stated $513 for a repair Honda should be covering.

- Glendale, AZ, USA

Feb 032014

Civic 4-cyl

Happens frequently that when parking vehicle in personal garage, vehicle will lurch forward aggressively on its own while brakes being applied. Have to lean hard into brakes to keep vehicle from hitting anything in garage. A/C compressor being active or inactive does not impact this behavior, engine temperature does not seem to play a role either. This is our fourth Honda, none of the other three have had this sudden acceleration. This is an ongoing issue.

- Brighton, MI, USA

Oct 192012

Civic

We purchase this vehicle as a certified car in 2012. After driving for a week or so I notice that the car vibrate or shakes when it is on idle. It is even worse when ac is on. The problem I have is that sometime it happen sometime it doesn't. I have made a complaint to the dealership and they said everything is normal. I was even advice by the dealership service dept to use premium gas specifically " chevron gas station". but didn't solve anything. I couldn't really prove it is shaking because it is on and off. Just stumble in to this website I want to share my frustration too. At 43000 miles it is the same shaking vibrating that is happening. I've replaced all tires at 32000 because it was illegal to drive on it since it was bald. Replace the front brakes at 40K so I might be having some issue with that too. I own a 2006 Honda Pilot with 120K miles on it and that SUV drives way smoother than my Civic. For my Pilot the brake lasted for 70K miles before replacing it.

- Seattle, WA, USA

Dec 272014

Civic 4-cyl

My 2011 Honda Civic has a blown engine after having the car less than 4 years. Unfortunately past 60,000 mile warranty on the engine, my car with 63,000 miles has a completely blown engine. I am very disappointed this is no longer covered and there is nothing Honda can do about. I am very disappointed that this Honda is such a lemon and have no faith in buying a Honda ever again. I am a single mother struggling to make ends meet and now I have no choice but to find the money to replace an engine on this car because I still have a five year loan to pay off on it. The last Honda I had went over 229,000 miles on the engine. What has happened to Honda quality?

- Hartford, WI, USA

Jul 132011

Civic

The contact owns a 2011 Honda Civic. The contact stated that whenever she powered the vehicle on, it would stall without warning. The vehicle was taken to the dealer however, the technician was unable to diagnose the failure. The manufacturer was not made aware of the failure. The vehicle was not repaired. The failure mileage was 7 and the current mileage was 53,000.

- Faison, NC, USA