2011 Honda Civic seat belts / air bags problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2011 Honda Civic:

2011 Honda Civic Owner Comments (Page 1 of 2)

Jul 012016

Civic

Takata recall received recall letter 07/2016 and there is still no remedy available on 10/29/2016. Letter claimed that remedy would be available in the late summer or fall. Letter also advised not to have anybody sit in front passenger seat which is extremely inconvenient.

- San Antonio, TX, USA

Jul 152016

Civic

Takata recall I received my safety recall letter in July which stated I parts would be available late summer/fall. We proceeded in not allowing someone in our passenger side of our car. We called about the recall and were told the parts were not in. We called again and where told noone had put our name down for them to order the parts. We left our name and we were told they should be in in a week. We called back and the parts were not in and were told they would call as soon as they got them. We are now at the end of October and after several calls we have not been called back or received any more information. We have called again and same answer no parts. We use our vehicle to Transport our children to school. We have not even been offered a free car rental to use until they get it fixed. This issue started in July.

- Pikeville, NC, USA

May 242016

Civic

Takata recall. The contact owns a 2011 Honda Civic. The contact received notification of NHTSA campaign number: 16V346000 (air bags). The part to do the repair was not available. The contact stated that the manufacturer exceeded a reasonable amount of time for the recall repair. The manufacturer was made aware of the issue. The contact had not experienced a failure. VIN tool confirms parts not available.

- Port St. Lucie, FL, USA

Jul 162016

Civic

Takata recall. The contact owns a 2011 Honda Civic. The contact recieved notification of NHTSA campaign number: 16V346000 (air bags); however, the part to do the repair was unavailable. The contact stated that the manufacturer exceeded a reasonable amount of time for the recall repair. The manufacturer was made aware of the issue. The contact had not experienced a failure. VIN tool confirms parts not available.

- Long Beach, CA, USA

Oct 192016

Civic 4-cyl

Went to Honda dealer this week. Asked if there were any recalls since having problems with visors. Honda service rep said none. Found your website mentioning recall with air bags that didn't know about, also complaints (not recall) with visors. Both sun visors have separated at seams, same problem as my 2006 Civic. Unfortunately by the time I heard about recall I had traded my car in. But it's the same problem, the visor will not stay up and this is a safety hazard. The Honda service rep said no recalls. Honda dealer wants me to pay $63 plus tax for a new driver visor (forget replacing passenger visor). It should be recalled since it's the same problem as the past Civic models. Now need to pursue them on air bag recall since I wasn't aware of this and he said there were no recalls when at Honda dealer this week.

- Sparta, NJ, USA

Jun 202016

Civic

The contact owns a 2011 Honda Civic. The contact received a recall notification for NHTSA campaign number: 16V346000 (air bags) and stated that the part needed was unavailable to perform the recall repair. The manufacturer was notified of the issue. The contact had not experienced a failure. Parts distribution disconnect.

- Duarte, CA, USA

Sep 152016

Civic

Takata recall. The contact owns a 2011 Honda Civic. The contact received notification of NHTSA campaign number: 16V346000 (air bags). The part needed to repair the vehicle was unavailable. The contact stated that the manufacturer exceeded a reasonable amount of time for the recall repair. The manufacturer was notified of the issue. The contact had not experienced a failure. VIN tool confirms parts not available.

- Beaverton, OR, USA

Jul 022016

Civic

Takata recall I was informed by my friend to check the VIN of my car for a recall on 6/24/16 because he received a noticed about a recall on certain models of Honda vehicles. I searched my VIN on the rick case Honda davie website and found out my car was affected and made an appointment to go in on 7/2/16 12 pm. When I went in to the dealership for my appointment with arnold fernandez, he stated that they do not have the parts and had to order it by each car's VIN. He told me he ordered the part and when it was ready someone from Honda would call me and help me make an appointment for me to bring my car in to fix it. He told me it would probably take 2 weeks. Late July I finally received a letter from Honda informing me about the recall. At this time it had been 3 weeks since the part was supposedly ordered, I called Honda's customer service to see if the part was in yet and they said if I didn't receive a call from them then its not in yet. I asked the customer service rep to check to make sure the part was ordered and she said she could not check and I had to wait for the call. It is now 8/31/16, exactly 60 days from the day I made my first appointment with them on 7/2/16. This issue has not been resolved. I have been driving in a car for 60 days that is unsafe for me and my family.

- Miramar, FL, USA

Aug 252016

Civic

Takata recall. The contact owns a 2011 Honda Civic. The contact received notification of NHTSA campaign number: 16V346000 (air bags); however, the part to do the repair was unavailable. The contact stated that the manufacturer exceeded a reasonable amount of time for the recall repair. The manufacturer was made aware of the issue. The contact had not experienced a failure. VIN tool confirms parts not available.

- Miami, FL, USA

Jul 012016

Civic

Takata recall. The contact owns a 2011 Honda Civic. The contact received notification of NHTSA campaign number: 16V346000 (air bags); however, the parts to do the repair were unavailable. The contact stated that the manufacturer exceeded a reasonable amount of time for the recall repair. The manufacturer was notified of the issue. The contact had not experienced a failure. VIN tool confirms parts not available.

- Laughlin, NV, USA

Jul 202016

Civic

Takata recall: I am trying to determine whether I need to take my 2011 Honda Civic sedan in to check the air bags and possibly replace them. I thought the most recent recall notices cited the Honda Civic 2011 passenger side airbag as a potential problem. I have not had any accidents or malfunctions so far, but I am very concerned.

- Bethesda, MD, USA

May 232016

Civic

I was stopped at a stop sign at an intersection. A GMC SUV went through the stop sign, at a high rate of speed, across from me, T-boned a Subaru that had the right of way, and then the GMC crashed into my front end. The accident destroyed my front end and moved my car into an angle. Neither my drivers or passengers airbags deployed. It is possible that the accident missed an airbag sensor, but I would be amazed.

- Navesink, NJ, USA

Oct 012015

Civic

My vehicle have trouble with alignment every time I was driving my car not staying in the lane alway turn to left or right even my hands was holding on the wheel also the wheel very light, I was light turning to the lift or right my vehicle almost get of from the road. And also the wheels thru to the asphalts the wheels was very noise it look like the wheels gonna run out,

- Herndon, VA, USA

Sep 132015

Civic 4-cyl

The contact owns a 2011 Honda Civic. While driving approximately 45 mph on a slippery road, the contact lost control of the vehicle and crashed into a curb. The air bags did not deploy and the air bag warning indicator illuminated. A police report was filed. The vehicle was towed to the contact's residence and was not diagnosed or repaired. The manufacturer was notified of the failure. The approximate failure mileage was 65,000. Updated 11/18/15

- Everett, WA, USA

Nov 122013

Civic 4-cyl

Dashboard indicator light came on for airbag system. Took to a shop and they read to codes to determine that it was a faulty pressure sensor in the passenger seat that is causing the problem.

- Pekin, IN, USA

Dec 232013

Civic 4-cyl

Car was going around a corner and hydro planed. The rear end of the car slid to the left and I turned into the spin however lost control and the car rolled over twice landing upside down. No air employed from the roll over.

- Fletcher, NC, USA

Jan 152013

Civic 4-cyl

On 1/15/13 I was involved in an accident where the front of my 2011 Honda Civic struck the side of another vehicle. The impact caused me to strike the steering wheel because the airbag did not deploy. My airbag light is on an my seat belt will not engage. I sustained injuries to my upper body because the airbag did not properly deploy. What are my options at this point.

- Staten Island, NY, USA

Aug 182011

Civic

The contact owns a 2011 Honda Civic. The contact was driving 45 mph she crashed into the rear of another vehicle and the air bags did not deploy. The contact sustained injuries to the neck and back and was transported to the hospital via ambulance. The police were called and a police report was filed. The vehicle was towed by the police department, as it was not drivable. The manufacturer was not made aware of the failure. The failure mileage was 2,000.

- Port St Lucie, FL, USA

Aug 172011

Civic

The contact owns a 2011 Honda Civic. While driving 40 mph, the contact crashed into the rear ofanother vehicle, which stopped abruptly. The contact sustained a concussion and was transported to the hospital. A police report was filed. Neither the dealer nor manufacturer were notified of the failure. The vehicle was not repaired. The failure and current mileage was 2,000.

- Fort St Lucy, FL, USA

Mar 242011

Civic

I was traveling 60mph on a 4 lane highway in the right lane South bound. A large trash truck was in the left lane doing about 55 mph in the South bound lane. He crossed the center line and struck me in the rear passenger door on the left side. The car spun out of control in front of the truck. The truck broadsided my car in both doors on the drivers side. The car spun again and hit into the center guard rails dividing the four lane highway with the right rear corner of the bumper and came to a stop. The trash truck then ran over the left front corner of the car with his rear set of axles on the left side of the truck. No front or side air bags deployed. The side air bags might have kept my wife from being injured. I was not injured. $15,000 damage to the car.

- Wv, WV, USA