2011 Honda Civic seat belts / air bags problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2011 Honda Civic:

2011 Honda Civic Owner Comments

Dec 022016

Civic

I was involved in a crash Friday, 12/2 and neither my airbag or seat belt did what they were supposed to do. I accidentally rear-ended someone on the highway in moderate traffic going approximately 20-25 mph, and my airbag did not deploy, and my seat belt did not lock, which led to me hitting my head on the steering wheel.

- Clemmons, NC, USA

Jan 192015

Civic 4-cyl

Driver's seatbelt does not retract correctly when I take it off. Hangs extremely loose into door well and has to be slowly and manually retracted into upper retraction unit. I am not very comfortable or sure it is operating correctly in the case of an accident. Dealer (kuhn Honda in tampa, fl) says there is absolutely nothing wrong with it. But if there was nothing wrong with it, why does it not retract and hang so loosely in the doorway? no other car I have ever driven, has had a seatbelt so very loose. I have spoken to american Honda, and they do not want to admit there is anything wrong with the car, and to make things worse, the car is under warranty.

- Brandon, FL, USA