2011 Honda Civic steering problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2011 Honda Civic:

2011 Honda Civic Owner Comments

Oct 012015

My vehicle have trouble with alignment every time I was driving my car not staying in the lane alway turn to left or right even my hands was holding on the wheel also the wheel very light, I was light turning to the lift or right my vehicle almost get of from the road. And also the wheels thru to the asphalts the wheels was very noise it look like the wheels gonna run out,

- Herndon, VA, USA

May 142013

Civic 4-cyl

I was stopped in a parking garage and intended to pull into an open space on my left. I turned the steering wheel all the way to the left and my car suddenly accelerated on its own. It crashed into the car to the right of the open space and continued to accelerate, pushing the other car into the car to its right. I was pressing the brakes during the entire incident but they were not functional. My car finally pushed the other car out of the way and my car slammed into the concrete block in front of the open space and stopped. Had the concrete block not been there, I would have flown over the side of the third level of this parking garage. My foot was in no way on the accelerator. It was on the brake the entire time. Also, a non-Honda mechanic experienced the same revving issue when he inspected the car after the incident. However, Honda claims there is no problem with the car and will not refund us the cost of damages we paid out of pocket. But they did buy the car back and buy out the remaining 6 months of my lease, indicating they knew there was a problem with the vehicle, but were not willing to own up to it.

- Los Angeles, CA, USA