2012 Honda Civic lights problems

lights problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2012 Honda Civic:

2012 Honda Civic Owner Comments

Jun 202015

Involved in a hit and run accident where the airbag sensors where hit but the airbags did not deploy. All panels of car had to be replaced. We where hit going thru an intersection and the car ran a red light going 65 sideswiped us into a wall and electrical box....updated 09/15/15

- San Marcos, CA, USA

Feb 162015

Civic 4-cyl

While car was parked and idling, I noticed flames coming from backseat ceiling light. Plastic and flames dripped onto the upholstery catching it on fire as well as the ceiling area. I was able to extinguish the flames with a snow brush. I immediately called the Honda dealership in town and am waiting for a tow truck to take it to the dealership so they can diagnose the issue.

- Minneapolis, MN, USA

Dec 242013

On 12/24/13 I rented a car from hertz and returned on 12/30/13. During that entire time period the car had no working taillights and partially functional dashboard and console lights. The car was unsafe not only for me and my wife but any other driver on the roads at the time. The car was illegal to operate in Pennsylvania, Ohio and Indiana and I was pulled over three times by various police departments. I contacted hertz and their response was to have me drive it to the indianapolis airport. I suggested to the hertz representative that this wasn't acceptable because the car''s condition makes it illegal and unsafe to drive. Ultimately, we were left with a car that was unsafe and illegal which we reluctantly drove to the indianapolis airport at the time of our departure. Upon my return to phoenix I've attempted, as instructed by hertz, to contact their location in the pittsburgh to seek a refund. After 16 phone calls to that number I've either been cut off by the phone system because the voicemail is full, selected options that lead nowhere, or redirected to employees in other cities who tell me to call the location in the pittsburgh. The strategy appears to be one of continual delay in hopes that customers with legitimate complaints ultimately give up. The contractual obligation with hertz ensures I'll be provided with a safe and legal vehicle and clearly this was not the case. Hertz has made no attempt to responded to my request and the issue remains unresolved. I hope this letter will prompt the dot and NHTSA to question hertz''s vehicle inspection and safety protocols, to ensure they have practices in place to protect the consumer and to quickly and fairly resolve any issues. My intent is that this letter helps future consumers avoid situations similar to the one I've experienced and to make certain they're driving safe, legal and reliable vehicles.

- Phoenix, AZ, USA

Apr 192013

Civic 4-cyl

While driving through heavy rainfall, all interior lighting went out, media player crackled and stopped playing. A few minutes after pulling over, the car returned to normal. There were no lightening conditions observed at the time of the event.

- Newport, NC, USA

Sep 012012

2012 Honda Civic. Consumer writes in regards to defective vehicle and clunking noise coming from gear shift. The consumer stated the windshield wipers would leave lines and smears on the windshield. The wipers were replaced four times. There was a buzzing noise coming from the heater, the passenger air bag light illuminated and stayed on for an hour. The dimmer lights didn't change from high to low, the seat belts did not release when she moved forward, instead it locked up and there was a smell of carbon monoxide coming through the vents. The rubber slides in each window did not work correctly, because of the moisture on the windows.

- Bluemont, VA, USA

Mar 062012

Civic 4-cyl

I was driving home at night. I had my headlights turned to auto like I always do. As I was driving home it seemed darker than usual. When I pulled up in front of my house, my husband, who I had followed home, told me my daytime running lights were on, not my headlights. He came to my door before I turned off the car. I pointed to the indicator light on the dash to show him that the headlight symbol was on and that my dash was lit. I then got out of my car and saw that the headlights were in fact not on. I turned my headlights to manual and they came on. After this incident I began using the manual setting for headlights until I had time to take my car to the dealer. I also avoided driving at night when possible. About two weeks later, I was driving home at night with my headlights on manual when I noticed that it seemed very dark on the road, though my dash was lit and the indicator light was on. I turned my headlights to auto to see if anything would change and my headlights turned on. I turned back to manual and they turned off and then to auto and they came on again. When I arrived at home, I left the car running and checked my headlights. They were on in the auto mode but changed to my daytime running lights when turned to manual.

- Ontario, CA, USA