2012 Honda Civic seat belts / air bags problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2012 Honda Civic:

2012 Honda Civic Owner Comments

May 112016

SRS airbag light is on...warning light on the screen keeps flashing.

- Meridian, ID, USA

Nov 072014

Civic 4-cyl

Driving through parking lot at about 3 miles an hour pedestrian stepped in front of the vehicle I do apply the brakes upon doing so the driver side airbag in the steering column deployed. There was no contact with any other vehicle no damage whatsoever to the car other than the airbag seatbelt deploying. Took the car to the local Honda dealership a representative from Honda America looked up the car and said since there was a scratch on the bumper probably from a shopping cart, that there was sufficient evidence to say that the airbag should've went off. Honda refuses to take responsibility for the repairs for this vehicle that is now unsafe but on the road.

- Blountville, TN, USA

Aug 132014

Civic 4-cyl

While decelerating (sudden), my seatbelt tensioner and airbag deployed with no collision or contact with anything. Initially, the Honda dealer said that the airbag only deploys when there is contact. Both Honda dealer and aaa (my insurance) examined the vehicle and found no sign of collision or damage. Honda has now said that in a sudden deceleration, the airbag is designed to deploy without any contact. The unneeded deployment of the systems could have led to an impact and worse damage.

- Chula Vista, CA, USA

May 162014

Civic 4-cyl

I came upon stop and go traffic and came to my stop behind the car in front of me. The driver behind me failed to stop and hit the rear of my car. My brake pedal went all the way to the floor as all the electrical parts turned off and on. This included my motor, gauges, and radio. This pushed me into the driver in front of me. I was shocked to see my airbag didn't deploy and that my cars I-mid display showed to check my airbag system. Also my seatbelt didn't lock up fast enough to keep my head from hitting my steering wheel. This caused me to have a strain in my upper lumbar of the right side of my back. Updated 11/24/2014

- Pickerington, OH, USA

Dec 242012

Civic 4-cyl

Whenever the passenger in the front seat moves a little bit, the air bag is turned off. And I get a big notice saying the passenger air bag is turned off. This is a big problem and is very scary in most situations. I would need this to be fixed as soon as possible please.

- Mesa, AZ, USA