2012 Honda Civic suspension problems

suspension problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2012 Honda Civic:

2012 Honda Civic Owner Comments

Nov 152015

Civic

The contact owns a 2012 Honda Civic. While driving at speeds below 40 mph and accelerating, the contact heard a grinding noise coming from the front end of the vehicle. No further information was available. The vehicle was taken to the dealer who was unable to duplicate the failure. The manufacturer was not notified of the failure. The failure mileage was 57,000.

- Woodbridge, VA, USA

Feb 092014

Civic 4-cyl

First time driving this car in light snow. At the top of a hill, I turned left to traverse the hill to take a side street, following my co-workers. The Civic slipped - just a bit- and the vsa light lit. I immediately lost all throttle control, brakes were wildly activating (seemingly 1 at a time), and the steering wheel was jerking. I was going very slow when the Civic took all control away from me. I could not apply any throttle to pull out of a very minor slip and my car accelerated sideways down the slope into a curb which destroyed the right front wheel and suspension. I have spent $1125 so far to repair the damage and have not replaced the tire & wheel yet (another approx. $600). I told the 2 Ford dealers who performed the repairs about this incident and neither gave it any thought. I requested they turn off the vsa system, both refused. I can not think of any reason, in the real world, any car should take complete control away from the driver like this, especially for such a minor occurrence as a slipping wheel. If a semi was behind me, there would have been no way for me to get out of it's way. It was just dumb luck I hit the curb where I did vs. Tobogganing into opposing traffic or picking up even more speed by continuing further down that hill before the car crashed. I have this incident on dash cam. It is at night, and not great, but it does plainly show what happened. Out of all the cars that drove that route, mine was the only one to crash and it was absolutely due to the vsa taking control away from me and not allowing me to drive my car.

- Lakewood, WA, USA

Oct 232013

Civic 4-cyl

I search on the internet that a lot of 2012 Civic owners experiencing the same annoying problems like clunking noise on the suspension or under the car, loud noise when shifting to reverse like axle shaft is disengaging, loud noise when putting pressure on the brake, clunking or popping noise when turning left or right, rolling noise on the seat belts, clunking loud noise when accelerating and releasing gas pedal, rattling noise in the morning while warming up the engine and also when accelerating. Atf leaking on the transmission because one of the bolts is not tightened...etc. I think this 2012 Honda Civic models should be recall by american Honda Motors. You can check the internet how many people are complaining and dealer said it was normal!!!"????" it is very annoying. I am only concern about my safety and the safety of my family. I hope the us goverment should do something about it. Thank you.

- Greenfield, CA, USA