2013 Honda Civic body / paint problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2013 Honda Civic:

2013 Honda Civic Owner Comments

Feb 052016

Civic

The contact owns a 2013 Honda Civic. While driving approximately 35 mph, the driver side air bag light illuminated. The failure recurred several times. The vehicle was taken to a local dealer who was unable to diagnose the failure. The dealer performed an oil change. The failure recurred. The vehicle was taken back to the dealer where it was diagnosed that the clock spring was incorrectly replaced by the previous owner. The technician replaced the clock spring, but the failure recurred. The vehicle was scheduled for another check up. The contact was not sure whether the manufacturer was made aware of the failure. The contact also noticed some rusting on the sun roof, but did not notify the dealer. The failure mileage was unknown.

- Leominster, MA, USA

May 102014

Civic 4-cyl

This letter is to inform you about a severe malfunction that caused an accident. I was traumatized by a sudden unintended acceleration with my 2013 Honda Civic. Luckily no one got hurt in this event, but I?M hoping that this fact will not reduce the attention from this severe malfunction. Following is a brief summary of the event that happened on May 10, 2014 at 6:30pm: I was driving slowly, under 5 miles per hour, approaching a parking near the sideways. There was one car already parked, and I was going to park behind it. I was about to complete my parking, and my leg was gently applying the brakes (I was almost at a complete halt). Suddenly, the car made a very loud noise as if someone pressed on the gas all the way (it was an awful noise), and then it shot itself forward at a crazy speed. As the car drove itself into the parked car in front, I pulled the handbrake and pressed harder on the breaks in the split second that I had to realize something is wrong. Since I was at a very low speed, the impact didn't deploy the airbags. The parked car in front of me stopped the car from going forward uncontrollably. All of this happened in a matter of seconds. At this point the cars engine decreased the RPM back to normal, and the car stopped pushing itself forward, though at that point I already deployed the hand brake.

- Seminole, FL, USA

Mar 182014

Civic

Windshield fogs up rapidly in winter within first few minutes of driving. Faster than air conditioning can dry car interior. As a result, visibility is reduced to zero and I always have to pull over to wait 10 minutes for it to dry. This happens on cold days below 30 F, but it has not happened to me in any other car I drive or have driven.

- Lake Grove, NY, USA

Oct 152013

Civic

The contact owns a 2013 Honda Civic. The contact stated that the front driver's side door would exhibit a grinding sound whenever being closed. The failure progressed and the door became difficult to close unless excessive force was used. The vehicle was taken to the dealer for diagnosis where the technician performed an adjustment to the door hinge. The manufacturer was made aware of the failure. The vehicle was repaired. The approximate failure mileage was 500.

- Oak Forest, IL, USA

Jan 152013

Civic

The contact owns a 2013 Honda Civic. The contact stated that the front driver's side door would not close unless excessive force was used. The door would also make a grinding noise upon closing. The vehicle was taken to the dealer for diagnosis where the technician stated that the door hinge would have to be adjusted. The manufacturer was made aware of the failure. The vehicle was repaired. The approximate failure mileage was 3000.

- Oak Forest, IL, USA

Jun 052012

Civic 4-cyl

Drivers side of door sticks won't close properly. Today had to open door from drivers side and then notice that the bottom of passenger side padding is coming off. Took it in to get fix. Honda of roanoke rapids called tech line. Tech line has no information on how to fix it. Door is sticking. They haven't got back to Honda yet. So what am I to do on a brand new car. Give me a new car or tell tech line to find out how to rectify it.

- Roanoke Rapids, NC, USA

Jun 192013

Civic 4-cyl

I bought this 2013 Honda Civic after owning a 2008 Civic new from my local dealer. There has been three new windshield put in my Honda Civic. The 1st windshield had a fish eye in it. The second windshield on the middle right side had a distortion when you look through it things look wavy. The third windshield was worse same side same area smaller waves. I told the Honda rep there must be a problem with the manufacturing process with the film they use in the windshield he told me all cars has this.I owned a lot of cars all different makes this is the first time I had any windshield with this kind of problem. My local Honda dealer service manager and others people at the dealership see the same distortion. This distortion could cause accident.the factory rep at the end said he couldn't see the distortion ?

- Newark, OH, USA