2014 Honda Civic brakes problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2014 Honda Civic:

2014 Honda Civic Owner Comments

Aug 302016

Civic

I recently purchased a 2014 Honda Civic from a local dealer and driving it for almost 3 weeks with no problems but last night on 08/30/2016 I parked the vehicle at a friends house in their driveway on a slight and put the vehicle in park and turned off the engine like I have been doing thousands of times and began exiting the car. The front door was obviously open and the vehicle began reversing! the front door knocked me down since I was so startled nothing has ever happened to me like that before. I have been driving for over 40 years. Fortunately, I am limber so immeadiately got up, jumped back into the vehicle and slammed on the brakes that did not work either so turned the car into the closest rockery to stop it before it hit another car or a house further down the hill. Obviously, my rear and front fenders are all badly scraped by the rocks clearly visible in the pictures I took. The rockery is fender high so no question. No other scratches could look like this. I went on line and sure enough, found a recall regarding the drive train transmission for this particular make and model. I needed to get this on the record since I could have been seriously hurt. Jim mankin-owner.

- Westport, WA, USA

Apr 192016

Civic

Car was parked in a parking space in park. Got in car to start it and car rolled backwards while in park and all systems failed could not start car or stop car from rolling had foot on brake pedal, dash board was going thru all systems telling me everything was failing. Double checked park position, car was in park.. only way to stop rolling was to put emergency break on. Called aaa same thing happened when tow truck driver tried to start it. Total failure of electrical systems. Had it towed to my local garage. Will never buy another Honda again ! 1 more year on the lease and I am out !

- Pittsford, NY, USA

Jan 302016

Civic

My son had a car accident on 1/30/2016. A couple of cars in front of him had to make a complete stop because a squirrel was crossing the street. His velocity was aprox. Under 30 miles. When he hit the brakes, they did not respond inmediately and this resulted in a car crash with the car in front of him. The airbag also deployed. This happened on a street close to our home.

- Chula Vista, CA, USA

Oct 242015

Civic

The contact owns a 2014 Honda Civic. While driving approximately 60 mph, the brake pedal was depressed and failed to respond without warning. As a result, the contact crashed into an embankment. The driver side air bag deployed. The contact had to add to the master cylinder on several occasions. A police report was filed and no injuries were reported. The vehicle was towed to an independent mechanic, but was not diagnosed or repaired. The manufacturer was notified of the failure. The failure mileage was 11,500. Updated 01/27/16

- Tyler, TX, USA