2014 Honda Civic wheels / hubs problems

wheels / hubs problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2014 Honda Civic:

2014 Honda Civic Owner Comments

Oct 122015

The contact owns a 2014 Honda Civic equipped with Continental tires, size: 205/60R16 (na). While driving at approximately 55 mph, the front passenger side tire experienced a blow out. The vehicle was not diagnosed or repaired. The tire was replaced with a spare tire. The manufacturer was notified of the failure. The vehicle and tire failure mileage was approximately 16,300.

- Frisco, TX, USA

Sep 162015

1. driving at 60 mph encounter stopped traffic ahead started braking. 2.tire blew out (only 21000 miles on car) 3. bought new tire carcass available. I saw on edmonds. Com that 2014 Honda Civics have tire recall

- Bushland, TX, USA

Feb 092015

Continuously getting check tire pressure indicator on. Do not know what to expect although the tires are inflated properly.

- Great Falls, VA, USA

Mar 312014

Tire pressure monitoring light comes on every couple of months. Checked tires and pressure everything is ok have to reset., then is ok for awhile this is very annoying have to pull over to check ever time.this can be unsafe at times. Honda calls it TPMS light.

- Temple City, CA, USA

Jul 092014

The tire pressure warning light came on July 10, 2014. All tires measured 33 psi. On July 16, six days later after the dealer reset the system the light came on again. All tires measured 33 psi and again the dealer reset the system. Honda America was contacted and indicated they would have a software fix by the end of July. On October 13, 2014 the tp light came on again and the tires measured 33 psi. The dealer will have another go at resetting the system on 10/14/2014 for the third time. The car now has 2596 miles on it. What is Honda problem?

- Granite Falls, NC, USA

Aug 282014

I had turned into a shopping center near my home and the front passenger side tire blew out causing me to lose control of the car and hit the curb. I was going only about 10 to 15 mph as you can't go too fast into a turn with a manual car without stalling. I didn't hit anything and check the area where the blowout occurred and there was nothing in the road. The tire blowout also caused other damage to my car. I contacted the dealership since is was a brand new car that I just purchase approximately 3 months ago and the car has less than 3500 miles. I explained to them what happened and asked if they could look into their being an issue with the tire and they refused to look into the possibility of a tire defect. They tried to blame me for the tire blow out claiming that I hit something to cause the blowout. Now, I am finding out that other cars my make, model and year were recalled due to a faulty tire. I am frustrated and not sure how to get someone to look into the tire issue. I now have an unexpected expense for repairs on a new car. I do not feel that I should be responsible of the repairs or the impact to my insurance because this issue is being considered an "at fault" accident.

- Claymont, DE, USA

May 272014

Civic 4-cyl

I was turning into driveway right front tire barley hit curb, tire went flat, called auto club they changed to spare, went to tire store, they said tire was not repairable. I bought new replacement tire, different brand. Very poor quality oe tires, tires should not fail that easily. Only 1700 miles on new car.

- Ca, CA, USA

Feb 022014

Civic 4-cyl

Inflate tire light went on in less than 24 hours of driving. Learned from parts manager that this is common and a software issue. No fix right now. Hands free calling works about 50% of the time. Not safe to use while driving and frustrating the other half of the time. Honda Corp. Says this is common and we need to get used to it only working sometimes. Mileage on sticker said 30mpg city / 39mpg highway. I get 22-23 mpg on Suburban streets (not short city blocks). This is worse than my 2001 Honda Accord that I traded in for this Civic. One of the reasons I bought the Civic vs. The Accord was due to the great mileage I was assured I would get on the Civic. Not even close. I am a loyal Honda owner for the last 25 yrs. This is my 4th Honda and it will be my last. I view this car as a lemon. No car (especially a Honda) should need to be fixed in the first 24 hours of ownership. It's been to pauly Honda 3 times in the last 2 weeks of ownership. They have been very defensive. Beware. Honda does not make the cars that it used to make.

- Buffalo Grove, IL, USA