2014 Honda Civic wheels / hubs problems

wheels / hubs problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2014 Honda Civic:

2014 Honda Civic Owner Comments

May 162016

Civic

Check tire pressure light/symbol comes on every few weeks

- Laurence Harbor, NJ, USA

Jan 202016

Civic

The tire pressure warning comes on even through the tire pressure is correct. When one tire had a blow out, it was totally shredded, and the car was driven about 1 mile to a safe location, the tire pressure warning did not come on. Based on our experiences to date, the light seems to come on after about 50-100 miles of highway speed driving.

- Arlington Heights, IL, USA

Dec 162015

Civic

Rotated my Firestone affinity touring S4 tires at 11,500 miles and immediately noticed they were very noisy and an ever slight vibration in the steering wheel. Went to my local Honda dealer and was notified that one of the belts had broken on one of the tires and was only a matter of time till it blew out. I am now fighting with the dealership to have the tires replaced as I do not feel safe after reading the other claims listed here. Shame on american Honda motor co. For putting such junk tires on a vehicle.

- Bloomsburg, PA, USA

Nov 182015

Civic

The low tire pressure has been on since I bought it last sat. 11/15 bought it from hertz and didn't come on until about 3 days later there is a recall JD8 for this but it says no open recall on this car

- St Louis, MO, USA

Nov 012015

Civic

The tires are constantly losing air pressure. The tmps sensor goes off about once or twice a month and one of the tires will be about 5+ psi low and one or more of the others will be 1-2 psi low. It is never the same tire and every time it goes off I check all of them and re-inflate all to the correct psi. There was a recall on some 2014 Honda Civics for this issue (caused by an issue with the tire attaching to the wheel), but not all of them. I think that all 2014 Honda Civics need to be recalled for this issue and fixed. As mentioned in that recall announcement, the decreased tire pressure can cause increased incidents of accidents and is a safety issue.

- Harlingen, TX, USA

Nov 032015

Civic

Tires keep losing air pressure. Put air in the tires and light comes on again within a few days. Mileage registers lower when light is on as well. Mileage will go from 30 mpg to 20 mpg. Has been a chronic problem since purchasing the vehicle. Constantly losing air pressure.

- Sarasota, FL, USA

Mar 252015

Civic

The "check tire pressure" light is on. I've gone to the mechanic twice to get it checked out and it is still there.

- Chicago, IL, USA

Feb 092015

Civic

Continuously getting check tire pressure indicator on. Do not know what to expect although the tires are inflated properly.

- Great Falls, VA, USA

Jan 212015

Civic

Air pressure on my front passenger tire has been low since a month into the purchase of this car. The alert only went off once, but when I got the tires refilled, the tire still seemed flat. I just let it be because no further alerts came on. But I was in an accident and slipped on snow the other day and hit a curb, which deployed my airbags. I do not think that if this tire was defective I would have gotten into this accident. I was going around 10mph, as I was pulling out of a parking lot.

- Owings Mills, MD, USA

Mar 312014

Civic

Tire pressure monitoring light comes on every couple of months. Checked tires and pressure everything is ok have to reset., then is ok for awhile this is very annoying have to pull over to check ever time.this can be unsafe at times. Honda calls it TPMS light.

- Temple City, CA, USA

Nov 212014

Civic

My daughter driving from her place going to school, approximately 5 minutes back and forth every regular school days. All a sudden, blow-up the front right tires. The car is only 3 months old. Its good thing it not happen in the freeways. Dealer from merced, ca and fresno, ca indicated that the tires are not part of warranty and recalls. My concern are: How we know as consumers, the tires is part of recalls" why the dealers or manufactures are not responsible of the reimbursement nor the safety of they are selling? how we prevent this to happen to someone" we tried to replace the tire that got blown out, but went to 4 places including dealer, costco, walmart and Firestone store, unfortunately they are out of stocks. We end up replacing all tires.

- Fresno, CA, USA

Oct 192014

Civic

The TPMS under inflation warning lights came on and will not go off. There not a tire inflation problem. This is an ongoing sensor and software problem with Civics. The car was sold to me without notifying me of these ongoing problems. The J.L. freed service manager is unaware of the software upgrade now available, and the recall on the tires leaking from bad beads.

- Chalfont, PA, USA

Aug 282014

Civic

I had turned into a shopping center near my home and the front passenger side tire blew out causing me to lose control of the car and hit the curb. I was going only about 10 to 15 mph as you can't go too fast into a turn with a manual car without stalling. I didn't hit anything and check the area where the blowout occurred and there was nothing in the road. The tire blowout also caused other damage to my car. I contacted the dealership since is was a brand new car that I just purchase approximately 3 months ago and the car has less than 3500 miles. I explained to them what happened and asked if they could look into their being an issue with the tire and they refused to look into the possibility of a tire defect. They tried to blame me for the tire blow out claiming that I hit something to cause the blowout. Now, I am finding out that other cars my make, model and year were recalled due to a faulty tire. I am frustrated and not sure how to get someone to look into the tire issue. I now have an unexpected expense for repairs on a new car. I do not feel that I should be responsible of the repairs or the impact to my insurance because this issue is being considered an "at fault" accident.

- Claymont, DE, USA