2015 Honda Civic fuel system problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2015 Honda Civic:

2015 Honda Civic Owner Comments

Jul 292016

Civic

My daughter (17 years old) was driving at 35 miles in leona valley ca on last Friday 2015 her Honda Civic (7,000 miles on odometer). Her car low-pressure air light came on and then car started to swerve violently left to right. Within few minutes the car brakes stopped functioning (according to her, it felt she was pushing on air when she pressed the brake paddle) and then the steering wheel locked. The car ended up on its side and caught fire. It started a brush fire (25 acres) here in ca. When my daughter and her two friends tried to get out the door, the other door won┐T open. They had to jump out of the sun roof. The question I have is what caused the fire and why did the car's brakes and steering wheel locked" what do I need to do to find out what needs to happen in order to get to the bottom of root cause of the accident"

- Palmdale, CA, USA

May 182016

Civic

I reported during the last oil change that the car was stalling specifically when trying to accelerate between 10 mph & 30 mph. The car stalls, and has even completely stopped for a full 60 seconds while trying to change lanes in traffic even though the gas pedal was completed depressed. This almost caused me to have an accident. The tech said it was due to the econ button and the engine trying to conserve energy. I was told to not use the econ button (although this is suppose to save me money on gas and fuel efficiency and part of the allure of the vehicle.) despite that I have had the econ button off and the car continues to stall and not accelerate properly. Again this is usually between 10 mpg to 30 mph. I don't know if this is a transmission problem or part of the pistol pin snap ring problem or even possibly a fuel injector problem. The problem appears to be getting worse and occurring more frequently. My husband has the same type and year vehicle and his does not behave the same way. His acceleration appears to be fine and does not stall as mine does. Also the tire pressure gauge has come on twice for no apparent reason. Once was 8-15-15 during a 4 hour road trip which occurred after we arrived. The 2nd time was immediately after I returned home from my last oil change in 4-2016. This is the (3rd) reported problem with this vehicle. Problem (1) was the stained headliner (6/2015)which was replaced and has not had any further issues (2) was the center console pin coming loose and popping up (4-2016) which has currently remained intact and now the acceleration is getting worse. (continuously).

- Clayton, NC, USA

Sep 222015

Civic

9/22/2015 approximately around 3:30pm I went to start my car to leave my home to do an errand. I smell gasoline. I did not think anything about the smell. I proceed to driving to my destination. I was about ╝ mile from my home, another car pulled up beside me and honked horn informed me that car was leaking gas. I pulled over to check and saw car was leaking car. I open gas door to see if gas cap was off chambers. It was not. I turn car around and proceed back home. While heading back home other cars honked at me and informed me of leakage. After I got I had my husband to check the car. The when turned the ignition off the car stop leaking fuel. When turned back on it start leaking again. He saw the leakage from the fuel line. I called dealership (crest Honda) and informed them of the problem. I had my car tow to dealership. 9/23/15 received a call from the dealership stating that a rodent had eaten through my fuel line. I have not had any issues with fuel system before 9/22/15. I have been driving the car daily. I had just driven the car on 9/21/15 doing errands and there were not any signs of smelling gas or fuel leakage. I do not believe a rodent could have eaten through my fuel overnight. There were 3 other cars sitting in my driveway overnight. I have been at my residence for 20 years never had this problem with a car of a rodent eating through a fuel line or any other items on the outside of my home. I purchased car brand new 2/2015 only owner.

- Nashville, TN, USA