2015 Honda Civic seat belts / air bags problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2015 Honda Civic:

2015 Honda Civic Owner Comments

Aug 302016

Civic

The vehicle (V-2) was involved in a collision at the 1-5 nb cypress off ramp in redding California in evening peak hour traffic (at 1810). V-2 was struck by V-1, which in turn pushed V-2 into V-3. both V-1 and V-2 were stationary at the time of collision. V-1, a isuza trooper sustained minor front end damage. V-2 received minor front end damage, and major rear end damage. V-3, a Kia soul received minor rear end damage. The issue is that the V-2 airbag did not deploy or the seat-belt restrain the driver in the vehicle. The driver struck the steering wheel receiving a major brain concussion and broken nose upon being pushed by V-1 into V-3. several on the scene questioned the lack of airbag deployment or the seat-belt not providing the restraint necessary to prevent the injury. My concern is this is a failure of the safety systems necessary to restrain the driver. Reporting party is the father of the driver of V-2, a teen driver.

- Weaverville, CA, USA

Jul 212016

Civic

I had a car accident a couple days ago I got injured from my neck and my back I hit my head on the steering wheel due to a malfunction of my air bags. They didn't deploy. But my car is asking me to check the air bag system and they turned off also my seat belt for some reason got stucked it won't pull more.

- Canoga Park, CA, USA