9.7

2016 Honda Civic fuel system problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2016 Honda Civic:

2016 Honda Civic Owner Comments

Jul 072016

Civic

Daily maybe a few times a day when I attempt to accelerate from a stop the car hesitates for 1-3 seconds before the throttle responds. This is possibly dangerous because if pulling away when there is a limited opening to make it through the intersection it could cause accidents. I'm wondering if it has to do with the cvt transmission as my 2015 Honda Civic with cvt also had this issue from time to time. This issue happens daily and usually in the morning on a left turn about 3/4 mile from my home. Usually at the same corner daily in the morning but it does happen at other times throughout the day and I think it may be more common not long after starting to drive after having been sitting for a bit. I love Honda's and have had many of them but this issue needs to be taken seriously and resolved!

- Saranac, MI, USA

Mar 142016

Civic

When refueling through the capless fuel system in California gas spills out when the pump automatically shuts off. I've refueled five times so far and each time it happens, no matter what orientation I have the pump or how far it's pushed in. There is a thread on a Honda forum with other examples of this here: www.civicx.com/threads/fuel-overfill.1505/

- Sierra Madre, CA, USA