2016 Honda Civic wheels / hubs problems

wheels / hubs problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2016 Honda Civic:

2016 Honda Civic Owner Comments

Sep 242016

Civic

Takata recall hey, my car Honda Civic coupe broke down in September reason was tire and brake I think. I was driving in regular speed and my tire blowoff and brake didn't work in same time. I run over the hill and broke my both excel.

- Cincinnati, OH, USA

Nov 022016

Civic

Brand new 2016 Honda Civic - my family has purchased 2 of these vehicles same exact ex-L model in the last month just different colors. Both TPMS sensor lights have come on within the first few hundred miles of driving the cars!

- Lapeer, MI, USA

Oct 082016

Civic

TPMS light came on. Only 230 miles on vehicle. Tire pressure 29.5 measured cold on car

- Mebane, NC, USA

Mar 042016

Civic

Bought the car in mid February and it began to read "brake system problem" once the car was turned on and stationary a few weeks after. I took it to the dealership in March and they "cleared" the codes and test drove it. In April, the same error appeared but now with more errors such as "tire pressure low, brake system problem, charging system problem and anti lock brake system problem." I took it to the dealership once again and they replaced the "ABS modulator" and "cleared" the codes. Once again a month later (June), the same errors are appearing.

- Los Angeles, CA, USA

May 282016

Civic

Computer system had a major malfunction, triggering 6 different warnings, and an audible message to immediately pull over and park the vehicle and have a dealer inspect the vehicle. This happened after filling up the vehicle with gas. My family was in the vehicle with the car in accessory mode, listening to the radio. After finishing up fueling, about five minutes later, I returned to the vehicle. I got in, shut the door, put my foot on the brake, pressed the button to start the vehicle, put on my seat belt, and then saw the messages. After a few minutes with the car on and reading the messages, a voice started to talk and tell me, to stop the vehicle, park it, and have a dealer look at it. The 6 messages on the center display said various things. Such as they were titled: Adaptive cruise control problem the pressure monitor system cmbs problems anti-lock brake system problem tire pressure low brake system problem the alarming number of problems about the brake system alone, tells me this vehicle should not be driven. Combine that with the audiable message about pulling over and parking the vehicle, no one in their right mind is going to drive it until it is properly looked at. The dealer did look at it, and said it was the vsa modulator, and needed to be replaced. However, there is case after case of this not fixing the problem found online. Yet people and their families, including mine are being sent back onto the road in these vehicles of which Honda has not and cannot provide a fix for because it, itself does not know what the problem is. Any therefore no one knows if their car is crying wolf, and just waiting to kill them. I don't want my car if I can't trust it. I just can"T wager my families lives on that. They are willing to tell us to drive around in the vehicle even before the first repair is tried. The errors are related to brakes

- Grover Beach, CA, USA