2003 Honda Civic Hybrid drivetrain problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2003 Honda Civic Hybrid:

2003 Honda Civic Hybrid Owner Comments

May 282015

Civic Hybrid

This is the second time this has happened with my car where it accelerates and I am unable to stop pushing all way on the brakes. This time I almost ran into a line of cars at a four way stop. I had to turn really hard onto a side street and force the car into park while running because it would not stop. When I turn off the car and wait a few moments, everything's back to normal. Does anyone have an answer for this? I'm feeling pretty scared to drive this thing!!

- , Edina, MN, USA

Oct 142009

Civic Hybrid Hybrid 1.2L

This car is dangerous. The car automatically accelerates during high speed cruising.

I was cruising around 75 miles per Hr on the freeway. Next thing I knew the accelerator started pressing on to the floor by itself. I can feel the pedal leaving my right foot and can see the speed increasing. I went as high as 90 Mi The only solution I have is stepping on the brake and shifting to low gears. My best guess is the cruise control is acting weird even though it's off.

- , Rowland Hts, CA, USA