7.2

$2,850.00

2. new IMA (1 reports)
  3. remove imrc relay from power dist. box under hood (1 reports)
2003 Honda Civic Hybrid electrical problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2003 Honda Civic Hybrid:

2003 Honda Civic Hybrid Owner Comments

Sep 202013

Civic Hybrid Hybrid 103

• CVT transmission

THIS car has had nothing but electrical problems - first the IMA - now its the IMA Battery and the IMA sensor motor = 12 volt battery

- , Chandler, AZ, USA

Jan 032010

• CVT transmission

The IMA warning light is on and I wonder when the vehicle will die and not start again. The car is running good for now and the battery is still charging, but I wonder when I will be on the side of the road and not able to afford the repairs. This is my first Honda and probably my last.

- , Edwards, MS, USA

Sep 302009

Civic Hybrid

Well, the IMA light came on and the dealership said I need new battery cost is $2,500. My total fuel savings for the last 6 years is less than $2,000 and why do I want to spend $2,500 to replace it? I ignored the light and it went off by itself. I am sure it will come back. I will deal with it then. With all the problems I am having, I will not buy another Honda unless they offer to fix my problems. I bought a Honda for the low maintenance and high reliability not for a piece of junk that continues to drain my $ like a black hole.

- , Friendswood, TX, USA

Oct 212009

Civic Hybrid

Bought a used Civic Hybrid just out of warranty. As I was driving my new purchase home the day I took possession the IMA light came on. Previous owner was as shocked as I. Honda Corporation had absolutely no sympathy. Car is less than 8 years old and slightly over the mileage warranty. Considering Toyota offers 10 years/100,000 mile warranty, and Honda's car breaks down immediately after the warranty expires, I highly recommend NOT buying a Hybrid from Honda EVER! They gave me some crap answer like "that would be a refurbish and that's not our policy."

- , Cleveland, OH, USA

Jan 042008

• CVT transmission

DO NOT BUY A HONDA!!!! WARRANTY IS FALSE. THEY DO NOT STAND BEHIND THEIR PRODUCT.

IMA light came on and hybrid system was inop. Took to Dealer because warranty is 8 years 160000 km. They called and told me it needed 3 to 5 hours of diag. time. I told them to fix it because it was under warranty. They replied saying that I have to pay for diagnosis and Honda will pay for the part replaced. {What kind of warranty is that?} The labor rate is $100.00 per hour. I am a licensed technician so I asked for a firm quote not 3 to 5 hours. They could not give me a firm Quote so I took the car away and went on alldata.com to find repair. I removed the IMRC relay from the dist. box for a couple of hours and also disconnected the vehicle battery ( not the Hybrid Battery). This repaired the problem for a while, I cannot afford the high labor prices so I do everything myself.

- , Langley, British Columbia, Canada