1. replace engine & computer (1 reports)
2003 Honda Civic Hybrid engine problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2003 Honda Civic Hybrid:

2003 Honda Civic Hybrid Owner Comments

Jun 022010

Civic Hybrid

This 2003 Honda Civic Hybrid had to have been the best car on the road, for gas mileage, and how fast, smooth and quiet it ran, and how well it got around town, on the fwys, and best in heavy traffic, It was the best car ever. I still miss it, but had to give it up because I couldn't afford maintaining it.

In 2010 when the electric engine went out, it costed me 4,000.00 of my own money that I didn't have to get it fixed. So I put it on a charge card, and got into debt.

Then in 2015 when it happened again, with the engine light, and IMA light, and Maintenance light, continually going on and off all the time, I took it in again.

I actually found out that after 2010, they had a full warranty on that whole electric system that I paid $4,000 for. And I had missed out on it 1 year before!!

So this time, in 2015, after having the car for the good 12 years that I did, they told me it was the electric engine and the whole computer system going out, and would cost me another $3,000. Discouraged because I didn't have that kind of money, I finally had to let go of it.

Still missing my best economical car!! Wondering if all Hybrids are the same, so costly in the long run???

- , Santa Ana, CA, USA