2003 Honda Civic Hybrid transmission problems

transmission problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2003 Honda Civic Hybrid:

2003 Honda Civic Hybrid Owner Comments

Apr 152008

Civic Hybrid

My car has a manual transmission. The auto-stop feature cuts in sometimes when I shift into neutral preparatory to downshifting to accelerate. If this happens when I am trying to make a left turn through a break in oncoming traffic or pull into a gap in traffic on the expressway, it can be quite frightening. Fortunately, I haven't been hit yet, but my wife is reluctant to ride in my car. There was a recall several years ago which the Honda serviceman told me would fix the problem, but it didn't.

- Atlanta, GA, USA