2005 Honda Civic Hybrid miscellaneous problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2005 Honda Civic Hybrid:

2005 Honda Civic Hybrid Owner Comments

Feb 072016

Jhmes966155025371

- Lynwood, CA, USA

Oct 032015

Civic Hybrid

I totalled my car and not one of my air bags came out..on city street in motion I hydroplaned..

- Taylorsville, GA, USA

Mar 022015

Civic Hybrid

My 2005 Honda Civic hybrid is experiencing a shudder problem when accelerating from a stop and when coming to a stop, either in city traffic or the highway on/off ramps. I have taken it to a mechanic who says he can¿T fix it. I fear for the one time my car doesn't accelerate from a stop and I get hit. Also, when I am breaking in traffic the break seems to release a little which causes the car to lurch forward. From what I have seen on this site and the internet, I am not the only one having these problems. I hope the issues that consumers are having with this vehicle are addressed and fixed before there are any deaths.

- Stockton Springs, ME, USA

Nov 012007

Civic Hybrid

My 2005 Honda Civic hybrid has experienced the judder/shudder problem for years, and still Honda dealerships say there is no fix. There are a few complaints on this website, but there are thousands on the internet. This is a real issue that Honda has avoided. I had full confidence in Honda's safety until owning this vehicle. I am waiting for the day my car doesn't accelerate from a stop, and it causes an accident with major injury. Honda will have a bigger problem on its hands if that happens.

- Elk Grove, CA, USA