2005 Honda Civic Hybrid seat belts / air bags problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2005 Honda Civic Hybrid:

2005 Honda Civic Hybrid Owner Comments

Feb 072016

- Lynwood, CA, USA

Apr 142015

Civic Hybrid

Takata recall: My daughter suffered injury as airbag replaced under takata recall blew up on her with intense force causing injury and tearing off her wrist. Seat belt also caused injury as they tighten and cut her check area. It was light collision when passing car scrapped her front bumper. My daughter feel airbag impact caused more damage that light collision.. airbag cut her wrist and threw her hear back and some dust or power went in her eyes.. with the result she lost control of vehicle and her passenger side ran through the side curb.

- Fremont, CA, USA

Oct 032015

Civic Hybrid

I totalled my car and not one of my air bags came out..on city street in motion I hydroplaned..

- Taylorsville, GA, USA

May 272015

Civic Hybrid

The contact owns a 2005 Honda Civic hybrid. The contact received notification of NHTSA campaign numbers: 15V370000 (air bags) and 15V320000 (air bags); however, the part to do the repair was unavailable. The contact stated that the manufacturer exceeded a reasonable amount of time for the recall repair. The manufacturer was made aware of the issue. The contact had not experienced a failure.

- Inglewood, CA, USA

Apr 072015

Civic Hybrid

We received a recall letter and immediately called and scheduled and appointment to have the recalled part replaced. We went to our local Honda dealer - Honda world in westminster, ca. The parts had to be ordered. As of today, Saturday April 11 we have not heard anything from the dealer about receiving these parts and being able to make the repairs. I went online to Honda and found that this is a very serious recall and the part malfunction has caused some deaths. Honda's information online also stated we could get a replacement vehicle if the parts needed to be ordered. We were never offered this. We need this vehicle and cannot go without a car.

- Garden Grove , CA, USA

Feb 192015

Civic Hybrid

The contact owns a 2005 Honda Civic hybrid. The contact stated that the SRS warning light illuminated continuously. The vehicle was not diagnosed or repaired. The manufacturer was not made aware of the failure. The failure mileage was 151,787.

- Paloalto, CA, USA

Nov 152014

Civic Hybrid

The contact owns a 2005 Honda Civic hybrid. While attempting to make a left turn, another vehicle drove through the traffic signal and crashed into the passenger side of the contact's vehicle. The side air bags failed to deploy. The front seat passenger sustained chest bruising. The rear passenger sustained bruises to the head and the contact sustained shoulder, lower back, and neck bruises, which all required medical attention. A police report was filed. The vehicle was not diagnosed. The manufacturer was notified of the failure. The approximate failure mileage was 210,000.

- Los Angeles, CA, USA

Oct 192013

Civic Hybrid

The contact owns a 2005 Honda Civic hybrid. The contact stated that while driving approximately 40 mph, the vehicle crashed into the rear of another vehicle. The contact indicated that during the crash the air bags failed to deploy. The contact suffered multiple contusions to the upper and lower body. A police report was filed. The vehicle was destroyed. The failure mileage was 98,000.

- Oaji, CA, USA

May 212014

Civic Hybrid

I had hit a pole and the airbag on the passenger seat went off and not my air bag as in the drivers seat I had hit my head on the steering wheel but no serious injuries but still I want to sue Honda due to the fact my air nah didn't go off when you should have.

- Edmond , OK, USA

Jan 132014

Civic Hybrid 4-cyl

I was involved in a head on collision on 1/13/2014. My car was totaled and my airbags did not deploy. This caused extensive injury to myself, in which I was on life support and in a comma for almost two days, hospitalized for a week. The vehicle was so damaged that the towing company expressed their bewilderment that the air bags had not deployed. The insurance company is taking the vehicle to a secure location to be examined and evaluated. I am fortunate to be alive, but am concerned for the safety of others. I own a Honda for the safety and reliability, I now question that safety factor.

- Clearwater, FL, USA