Please take a moment & say thank you by donating $5 or whatever you can to the Center for Auto Safety. Notes: The 2006 Civic Hybrid has an engine that doesn't shut off when it should and electrical components that shut off when they shouldn't.

2006 Honda Civic Hybrid seat belts / air bags problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2006 Honda Civic Hybrid:

2006 Honda Civic Hybrid Owner Comments

Jun 272016

Civic Hybrid

Takata recall. No notice of recall received @ 5.26.16. Why not?

- San Francisco, CA, USA

May 302016

Civic Hybrid

Takata recall we are continuously refused a recall of the airbags. Other models with the same part number are being replaced, but because we have a high mileage car they refuse us. Is this true and is it legal ?

- Summerfield, FL, USA

Oct 212013

Civic Hybrid 4-cyl

During Oct 2013 I began to see the airbag warning light come on sporadically. Asked the Honda dealer to investigate and they said there was no problem because it is not on all the time. I went to another mechanic that I use and they ran a diagnostic and said it was defective and needed to be replaced. I paid $2289.17 to replace the passenger side airbag and harness. I want Honda to verify the current airbags are not subject to the recall, I want Honda to verify the replacement airbag is not subject to the recall and I want to be reimbursed for my airbag replacement due to a defective airbag that Honda ignored when I raised the issue at their repair facility in tarrytown New York. I have also written to the customer service department of american Honda motor co, Inc in torrance, ca. And am awaiting their response.

- Ardsley, NY, USA