2007 Honda Civic Hybrid engine problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2007 Honda Civic Hybrid:

2007 Honda Civic Hybrid Owner Comments

Jun 012016

Civic Hybrid

The contact owns a 2007 Honda Civic hybrid. The contact stated that the ima battery failed, the vehicle was slow to accelerate, and the low beam headlights failed to illuminate. In addition, the ima warning light flashed and the service engine light dimmed. One mechanic provided testing and a second mechanic also inspected and diagnosed the failures, but was unable to provide a repair solution. The vehicle was taken to the dealer for further diagnostic testing. The VIN was not available. The manufacturer was not notified. The VIN was unknown. The approximate failure mileage was 140,000.

- Ventnor City, NJ, USA

Jul 092016

Civic Hybrid

The contact owned a 2007 Honda Civic hybrid. While driving approximately 72 mph with the cruise control activated, the contact attempted to deactivate it, but the vehicle accelerated to 100 mph on its own. The brakes failed to stop the vehicle. The contact crashed into the concrete barrier on the rear driver side of the vehicle. The vehicle spun 360 degrees and crashed into the concrete barrier on the front passenger side. The front and rear passenger side air bags deployed. A police report was filed and there were no injuries. The vehicle was destroyed and towed. The approximate failure mileage was 90,000. Updated 08/12/16

- Harrisburg, PA, USA

Sep 162014

Civic Hybrid

The contact owns a 2007 Honda Civic hybrid. While driving approximately 50 mph, the engine stalled without warning. The failure occurred on three occasions. The dealer stated that the integrated motor assist needed to be replaced. The vehicle was not repaired. The manufacturer was notified of the failure. The approximate failure mileage was 120,000.

- Houston, TX, USA

Jul 222013

Civic Hybrid 4-cyl

My wife was driving our 2007 Honda civic and I was in the passenger seat. We were in traffic, on the freeway, slowing down due to cars stopped in front of us. When traffic started moving again she attempted to speed up, but the car lost power. She pushed the accelerator further and further until it was floored, but the car had little to no power. The car barely made it across two lanes to the side of the freeway. We barely made it off the freeway to a parking area. The car could reach speeds of only 5-10 mph even with the accelerator pushed to the floor. There were still two bars indicating battery power for the ima engine. This is the second time I lost power with this car, but the most dangerous because it was during rush hour on the freeway with lots of traffic. The previous time I lost power I was trying to go up a hill and the car failed to proceed and I had to back the car down the hill and park it.

- Tigard, OR, USA

Sep 152012

Civic Hybrid 4-cyl

On Sept 15, '12, I was taking my son and his friend over to his coach's house for a football party. I attempted to drive up the coach's driveway but at approximately the halfway point, my Honda Civic hybrid stopped moving forward although the accelerator was pushed to the floor. I had the two nine year old kids exit the vehicle but it still did not move forward. I slowly backed down the driveway and attempted to accelerate up the driveway again, this time with a running start. Again, my Honda Civic hybrid did not make it up the driveway. I estimate the driveway to be at a 30% angle, not steep but definitely not flat. Again I slowly backed down the driveway after having the cars behind me move out of my way. I parked at the bottom of the driveway and walked up the hill, not something you expect to do when you spend a lot of money for a vehicle. On October 3, 2012, I had a certified Honda dealership examine the car as I suspected the ima battery was faulty. The dealer stated I did need a new 12 volt battery and I had the battery replaced. The dealer stated that while the ima battery is not giving out full power it is at an acceptable level. The dealer stated that Honda refuses to replace any ima battery unless it completely fails and they have seen several Civic hybrids with the same problem. My concern is the acceleration and loss of power becomes a major safety issue on the highways and hills. I have three young kids and do not feel safe with them in the car. I have all service documentation and am willing to let investigators examine and drive my vehicle. Also, I can provide the address of the driveway, the vehicle was unable to make it up. Please look into this issue as this loss of power creates a safety issue for my family.

- San Diego, CA, USA