2009 Honda Civic Hybrid suspension problems

suspension problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2009 Honda Civic Hybrid:

2009 Honda Civic Hybrid Owner Comments

Aug 152011

Civic Hybrid 4-cyl

Like others with this problem we noticed a noise from the tires when we were on a newly paved road on an extended trip. When we returned home, I was told by the dealer that the rear tires were cupped and the car would need an alignment. We ended up replacing all 4 tires with 20000 miles on them...a lot sooner than anticipated. Researching the problem I saw there was a correction for 2008 civics, but not for 2009. Either the problem was not corrected, or we were unfortunate to purchase a 2009 early in the production run that was not corrected. Honda assumes no responsibility for this problem that many have experienced....updated 09/22/15

- Saint Charles, MO, USA

Feb 232011

Civic Hybrid 4-cyl

While driving, noisy rear tires were heard. I also observed uneven and rapid rear tire wear. This prompted me to get it checked at russel & smith Honda at 2900 South loop West houston, tx 77054 on 02/23/2011. Four wheel alignment was done after 2 rear tires were replaced at my expense. On 08/02/2011, I observed that the rear tires continue to have abnormal wear (22780 miles), prompting me again to get it inspected again at same dealership. The 19 point inspection done found that tires were okay, even though there was obvious uneven wear. I took a photo of the tires for proof of this. I took the car back on 05/31/2012 to them (33346 miles) due to the same problem, feeling that it is not safe to keep driving this car. I was advised to replace the two rear tires, but I believe that unless something is done to correct this, it will be useless to keep replacing the tires. This is the reason for filing this complaint that Honda has not done anything to solve the problem.

- Houston, TX, USA

Jul 062011

Civic Hybrid

The contact owns a 2009 Honda Civic hybrid. The contact stated that the rear tires were wearing prematurely as a result of a defective rear suspension. The vehicle was taken to the dealer, who performed a wheel alignment as a temporary remedy. The repair however failed to remedy the problem. The manufacturer was made aware of the failure but did not offer any assistance. The vehicle was not further repaired. The failure mileage was 18,000 and the current mileage was 23,406.

- Missouri City, TX, USA