2012 Honda Civic Hybrid engine problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2012 Honda Civic Hybrid:

2012 Honda Civic Hybrid Owner Comments

May 152013

Civic Hybrid

I was pulling into a parking space and my car accerlerated and crashed into a stone wall and then went backwards several feet before I was able to brake the air bags did not deploy and the seat belt came loose from the wall. I was taken to the hospital since my chest was hurt from the steering wheel.

- Garden Grove, CA, USA

Nov 162012

Civic Hybrid 4-cyl

We where rear ended on the 805 South at E St in san diego ca. The traffic came to a complete stop and a older Ford Expedition plowed into us at 55 mph, upon impact the Honda accelerated full throttle with complete loss of brakes, my wife was driving I was front passenger and my handicapped son was R/R, she was able to steer the car to the right shoulder as I slammed the car into park and turned the ignition off at about 40 mph, it took about 100 yards before it came to a stop, the car is at tipton Honda in el cajon and they say that there is no evidence or computer fault code of said problem, how do I put my family back into the car and feel completely safe knowing it might happen again.

- Chula Vista, CA, USA