2003 Honda Element fuel system problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2003 Honda Element:

2003 Honda Element Owner Comments

Dec 272004

Element 4-cyl

Just as my warranty expired (37,000 miles) while out of town, I noticed that the fuel gauge was not working properly. I would fill up and it would only mark at about half a tank. I was a bit confused and did not know what was causing the problem. I knew that the tank was full, but I did not want to take any chances. So when the gauge went to empty and the fuel light came on I would refill the tank again. With this problem and not knowing exactly how much fuel is in the tank if I do happen to run out of gas. I could potentially do damage to other engine and mechanical parts or to myself and family if this happens on the road. The problem is getting worse and now it goes to only 1/4 a tank and then to empty. I am trying to get it to the dealer, but my warranty has expires and honestly do not have the cash to fix it. I feel that at just being over the warranty this part should not have gone out so soon. I have heard of other complaints from other Element owner's and do not know if this is a common problem.

- Houston, TX, USA