2005 Honda Element cooling system problems

cooling system problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2005 Honda Element:

2005 Honda Element Owner Comments

Jun 032008

Element 4-cyl

2005 Honda Element began running warmer than normal. Car has approximately 53K miles. Internet research found numerous complaints and indication that faulty coolant was used by Honda at the factory. Problems include overheating, poor heat in winter. Indicated solutions range from cooling system flush up to replacing the radiator, heater core, and engine. Honda admits no fault. Problems/repairs still be evaluated.

- Fayetteville, GA, USA

Nov 262007

Element 4-cyl

In March of 2007 we had a cold spell. I turned on the heat but it didn't work. I forgot about it as the seasons changed and it warmed up. Since the weather has started to turn cold I've tried to turn the heat on. It still doesn't work. I took it to the dealership to get looked at and the heater core has been messed up. My car is a 2005 and has only 52K miles. I've received regular scheduled maintenance on my vehicle. I believe the coolant put in the car at the factory was a bad batch and has therefore messed up the heater core.

- Baxter, TN, USA