2005 Honda Element miscellaneous problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2005 Honda Element:

2005 Honda Element Owner Comments

Sep 052016

Element

Takata recall hello, after taking my vehicle for the takata recall for the third time on 9/3. the SRS sensor light came on and it is still on. Honda refuses to take a look at the vehicle without charging me first. My main concern is how do I know if the airbags are fully functional after Honda fixed the recall and now the SRS light is on. Honda also refuses to test the vehicle to make sure airbags and seat belts are fully functional.

- Dania Beach, FL, USA

Jul 012015

Element

Driver's door lock has broken at around 83,000 miles. I was having to unlock and go through passenger's door. Now at 150,000 miles the passenger door lock has broken. Door locks should never break and now I face either climbing through the back of the car or leaving it unlocked, which is a huge safety issue.

- Davis, CA, USA