2007 Honda Element brakes problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2007 Honda Element:

2007 Honda Element Owner Comments

May 102010

We have had to replace our brakes & rotors every year, starting in year 3. (I drove only 3,000 miles a year) then gave it to my husband who drives to work. When the miles got up to 14,000 - that was the first brake & rotor replacement. Asked Honda about this while under warranty and no word about problems, just their answer that it was from a 'street sweeper' or 'the way we drove.' Several times the rotors were so bad, that the car screeched. 2 years ago, had to have them replaced twice in the same year-in March and again in October twice now our calipers had to be changed as well as the brakes & rotors. Have put a lot of $ out for all these repairs. Not happy with Honda or their customer service anymore.

- Plattsburgh, NY, USA

May 112009

Element 4-cyl

This vehicle was purchased new in 2007, since then we have had to replace the brakes every year. We had the vsa modulator recall repairs done in April 2010 and the soft brake, excessive brake wear continues. The brakes make noise, are soft, and have to be applied heavily to stop the vehicle. I have had repairs done by the dealer the first five years with no explanations to my complaints of excessive failure. We continue to have to have the brakes re-done every year. Each time shortly after having them re-done they begin to quickly degrade and do not stop the vehicle properly.

- Viroqua , WI, USA

May 312010

Element 4-cyl

The Honda Element has a recall for a soft, spongy brake pedal that has to be pushed to the floor to get the brakes to engage. There is a recall for this symptom, related to the vehicle stability assist module. The recall work was done, and the pedal feel improved, but after time, the issue returns. My brakes are soft and spongy and I get no brakes unless the pedal goes most of the way to the floor. It feels as if the car is not going to stop each time I brake.

- Winter Haven, FL, USA