2.3

2007 Honda Element miscellaneous problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2007 Honda Element:

2007 Honda Element Owner Comments

Sep 112015

Element

While driving on the interstate the speedometer needle, and the tachometer needle fell off of their gauges. In addition the gas gauge now no longer properly registers the amount of fuel in the tank so I am left to estimate. All three pose a safety risk to me as a driver increasing the possibility of my speeding inadvertently, running out of gas in isolated locations, or driving the car at high RPM. All 3 items occurred with no other unusual incident in the car, no bump, no accident or any other event that one would expect is required to dislodge a needle from its gauge.

- Forest Park, IL, USA

Apr 222009

Element

In 2009, I was driving my 2007 Honda Element while merging onto a highway. I was traveling East in the morning, where I needed to put down the driver's side visor. It was extremely stiff and difficult to move. I had never needed to put it down before. I moved it as gently as I could, but the manufacturer made it so stiff it snapped in half. After this incident, it just hung down. I tried some velcro, but that didn't fix it. The visor still is in the down position. If it's down against the windshield, I often can't see. When it's down against the driver's window, I can't see. This is a nightmare when trying to see anything. The Element has several blind spots and this adds to it! Honda wants too much money for a repair that they should cover under a recall. On a website called elementownersclub.com, several people have complained about this problem. What is it going to take for Honda to issue a recall, an accident or worse?

- Yucca Valley, CA, USA