3.8

2010 Honda Element brakes problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2010 Honda Element:

2010 Honda Element Owner Comments

Feb 192016

Element

Brakes very spongy, going almost down to floor, causing a dangerous increase in stopping distance on the highway my mechanic bled the system several times to no avail. Then changed the master cylinder. Still spongy, then the mechanic checked for Honda service bulletins regarding this problem. He found a service bulletin that addresses a similar problem on 2007-2008 Elements (https://www.skidmore.edu/~pdwyer/E/files/campaign_and_recall_bulletins/A10-017.pdf). There is also a NHTSA recall regarding this problem (NHTSA campaign number: 10V098000 ). I think the problem with my 2010 Honda Element may be similar to that of the 2007-2008 year models and require a similar recall and fix. I feel this should be investigated because the loss of braking power ability put myself and family in a very dangerous situation.

- Chevy Chase, MD, USA

Aug 012015

Element

The contact owns a 2010 Honda Element. While driving at approximately 40 mph, the brake pedal was depressed and extended to the floorboard. The failure recurred numerous times. The vehicle was taken to an independent mechanic where it was diagnosed that the vsa module control unit needed to be repaired. The vehicle was repaired, but the failure persisted. The manufacturer was notified of the failure. The approximate failure mileage was 46,400. Updated 02/05/16

- South Pittsburg, TN, USA

Apr 252014

Element 4-cyl

My husband and I have both, independently, experienced our Honda Element revving its engine and surging forward when we apply the brakes. Please watch for the copy of a letter I am sending to NHTSA by usps certified #7011 2000 0001 6765 8433.

- Union, OR, USA