2007 Honda Fit body / paint problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2007 Honda Fit:

2007 Honda Fit Owner Comments (Page 2 of 2)

Sep 222011

Fit 4-cyl

Car body seam between roof and side panels leaking profusely causing pooling water in trunk and rear passenger floor, soaking vehicle upholstery and causing considerable mold growth.

- Eureka, CA, USA

Sep 022011

Fit 4-cyl

We've experienced several episodes in which the rear passenger side floor is holding an impressive amount of water after it has rained. Windows have not been left open. We have dried up the area only to find another puddle of standing water in the floor space again and again. There are no tell-tale signs of leakage on the upholstery or ceiling material but there is starting to be a mold smell because we cannot keep the water out! this is starting to ruin the flooring carpet material as well as the overall condition of the inside of our well-kept family car. We're very concerned because this could ruin the car; I've read many other complaints of exactly the same situation/conditions and I have yet to read what Honda has for an answer/solution. I live in a rain-heavy area - on an island - with no Honda dealership.

- Ketchikan, AK, USA

May 202007

Fit 4-cyl

Heavy rain causes my 2007 Honda Fit to leak into the rear passenger floor board. The first time it happened it was under warranty and I was told that the automatic carwash was to strong. By the time I discovered the water, it had started to mold under the floor mat. It happened 4 times before I could get it corrected. By this time it was out of warranty and they did not have a record of my reporting it the first time. The fix that was done was re-sealing the door panel.

- Johnson City, TN, USA

Jun 132009

Fit

The contact owns a 2007 Honda Fit. The contact stated that water was entering the vehicle from the rear driver side door. The leak occurred whenever there was a heavy rain. The vehicle was taken to an authorized dealer who stated that they could not find the leak. The failure mileage was 1,500 and the current mileage was 38,000. Updated 03/24/11 updated 1/4/11

- Miami, FL, USA

Dec 212010

Fit 4-cyl

During the rain the spare tire compartment got flooded; this caused rust formation on the jack, growth of the mold and extreme fogging of the windows. The leak is most probably caused by the rear door to body seal failure.

- Cypress, CA, USA

May 042008

Fit 4-cyl

I own a 2007 Honda Fit, sport model- that was involved in an accident. I was driving my car on the highway in stop and go traffic. There was a late model Toyota Tundra pickup truck infront of my car and it came to a sudden stop. I couldn't stop quick enough- I was traveling at low speed must be under 15mph. My car hit the bumper of the pick up truck infront of me and the hood, lights and entire "top" front end sustained about "$7000" worth of damage. But none of the airbags deployed at all. Lots of lights on the gauge cluster came on and went off but the airbags did not deploy. The Tundra only sustained a scratch on the rear bumper. After a tear down by the body shop it was determined that the sensors were installed at the sides at the front end of the frame rail. This is a very low position on this car since its already low to the ground. I believe the airbag sensors are too low on these cars by poor and irresponsible design by Honda. Had these sensors been placed at a higher elevation then the airbags would have gone off and the injuries would have been even minor. This design decision seems like it was developed to satisfy the frontal crash tests conducted by the insurance institute for highway safety. During those tests the cars are evaluated for crashes to a solid object anchored to the ground. The airbags would not deploy in a crash scenario with any vehicle that would not be a compact car. I was lucky because there was no loss of life but the same accident at a higher speed would have resulted in no airbag deployment and certain loss of life. The car is currently being repaired at a body shop in lorton va. I extend you the opportunity to come and study the car if you care to do so... thanks so much shazad buksh

- Fredericksburg, VA, USA